What did I do with my Land Cruisers today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
Figured to start a thread to keep records of things that I've done with my 80s on a daily basis and share them here in the mud. This should be one of the boring if not the most boring thread of all. :D Happy New Year to all! :beer:

Last edited:
Just want to welcome the newest locked member (#7) of my 80 family. It's a one owner, garaged and locked '94 Medium Red Pearl. Hopefully, will be able to pick it up this Friday.

Last edited:
Will finally be installing rear dc from Tatton tomorrow. Curtis told me that this is the first rear he made for the 80. We'll see how it goes.

Perfect timing for this post!
Did a rear heater bypass this morning and removed all the rusted leaky lines to the heater,:) also sanded down one of my wheels, getting ready to do the other one and then prime/paint tires, and well be ready for a winter to come :)

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412533514.472512.jpg
Went wheeling in Sedona

Installed Tatton's rear dc shaft on #4 this morning with no issue. Looks like Curtis got it right this time.

Last edited:
#6 got an oil change to a full synthetic and a new ds mirror. #7 got a new gutter moulding and new front Husky liner. 2nd row no longer available in gray and might have to switch to a WeatherTech brand. #7 also will be getting a new front and rear hitch installed and base lining.

#4 is running on Slee's 6" lift now on boggers temporarily till I find a less aggresive mud tires to run occasionally on the street. Installed new Doestch front shocks on #3 with the 6" lift plus to see how it handles. The shocks performed really well and a smoother ride on the street.

Changed out ds rear door lock actuator on #3 and rear wiper on #4. WeatherTech gray floor liner for the second row finally came in and installed new oem roof moulding on #7.

Just want to welcome the newest locked member (#8) of my 80 family. It's a '97 Dessert Dune/Moon glow 2 tone. Body in excellent shape just need some tlc. Things I've noticed that needs attention: ds mirror not working, airbag light on, antenna and some leaks here and there.

Last edited:
I just got back from a weekend in durango. Didn't realize how many toyotas were in that town, I saw over 15 different 80 series, about 5 100's and a couple 200 series cruising around. My 80 was in good company.

Same feeling when I drove to Aspen and Golden,Colorado a few years back. :)

Last edited:
I just got back from a weekend in durango. Didn't realize how many toyotas were in that town, I saw over 15 different 80 series, about 5 100's and a couple 200 series cruising around. My 80 was in good company.

Same thing in Silverton this summer. Must have seen 6-8 80 series while there. Saw an awesome FJ40 while coming over Engineer Pass that day. Fully restored and right at home.

#8 had an engine detailing, new plastic trim for the valve cover and a state inspection after 2 years in storage and a new idler pulley. #7 have new oil pump, power steering pump and hoses, oxygen sensors, air sensors, distributor, front crank seal and an egr valve. #6 had a new idler pulley and a new to me front seats.

I think there is already a 12000 page thread going on this topic...

:bang: Read carefully, as has already been pointed out by the OP and Luke111, this is the OP's very own "what HE did with HIS LC". Nothing to do with the other thread.

It has been a year now so Happy New Year everyone! :beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom