What are you working on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doing some landscaping work!

IMG_6404.JPG

Nothing to see here, move along!

I have to say that’s the first I’ve seen Superior wall used at grade. I’ve only ever seen it used for basements before. What is your reasoning over just a slab on grade and standard framing?

yeah going to be a huge improvement.
we've been tripping over each others dicks for a few years now.
this is 6X the size of the old shop, in square feet and 11acres vs 1.

I have to say that’s the first I’ve seen Superior wall used at grade. I’ve only ever seen it used for basements before. What is your reasoning over just a slab on grade and standard framing?

Speed and cost are benefits, but mainly the ability to build in the winter during our slow time and it leaves the option to install Brick facing in the future to match our house.

House was built in 1890, small lot and the garage has a larger footprint than the house! Trying to make everything look nice while not breaking the bank all at once.

We have used superior walls on a number of our additions and really like the system.

Makes sense. I was just curious. As an Architect, I’m always having contractors and builders talking clients into the cheapest possible route. Of course, doing the work for yourself makes a huge difference.

If you're an architect you'd likely cringe!

Here's a photo of the house:

IMG_0499.JPG

And here's the rendering of the garage (rear dormer as shown is just the trusses which will create the second story office area. We will stick frame the rest of the dormer over the scissor trusses)

IMG_6572.JPG

Curious to hear your thoughts!

Looks like a good start. I’d agree that doing at least a brick veneer on the bottom would tie it in with the house. The dormer looks like the overhangs are minimal? I prefer a good overhang for water issues.

Most of what I cringe at is poor detailing - things that make things cheaper and easier for the builder but make for maintenance and lifespan issues.

Looking good Fireball. I can track progress whenever I go to the bank or hit up Burning Bridge or John Wright.

I am busy running around trying to sell more jobs so I can afford to finish the garage so glad to know you'll be able to check up on it for me! :)

You took it to the right place @OTRAMM is the man!

Head gasket just let go on my 93 daily driver at 260k miles....with authority i might add.
I got 80k miles and 10 years out of it but it has a bunch of other little issues not looking to repair.

Shopping for another 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom