What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you hear the banjos from your house?

Making some progress on the 40 finally!

Engine is in.
Exhaust is in.

Took my transmission hump from this:

F8D53D61-8510-4C6A-937E-E05CFB340BD0.jpeg

To this:

A022831E-AD7A-46DA-815B-4B589FC6F4DE.jpeg

Put it back in the truck:

4E91AF1A-5FF8-4C31-9EAE-15FBFD17D972.jpeg

Go the new ProCar 90 seats an 3-point seat belts installed:

0B7333F8-AF87-4C3F-A974-D6F4BBD04E6F.jpeg

And lastly: new mirrors - as my old one would blow into the door above 30mph.

320875E9-666F-4ADD-9D6B-B8F9A6F913BA.jpeg

And finally, I drove it! It’s incredible how much quieter it is without the gaping hole in the floor. What a difference 1mm of steel makes... Granted, it’s not QUIET, but you can almost hold a conversation without yelling now.

After having them since T-giving of 2016, finally installing some 4.7s.

I see you're a fellow member of the ISOP...International Society of Procrastinators. I'd give you the secret salute...but figure I'll get around to it later.

Your going to love that ratio!

I'm looking forward to it. Dual 2.28s are good, but there's been something missing. I can casually walk faster than the truck now, 207:1 will be great.

I see you're a fellow member of the ISOP...International Society of Procrastinators. I'd give you the secret salute...but figure I'll get around to it later.

:beer:

All buttoned up now Chris? Gonna be at coal mine next week?
Well he's not registered, but if he asks nicely and wears that special outfit I like, I'm sure we could fit him in.

Trying to finish today. Had some work drama this week and this heat is making a slow go of things. Second side went MUCH faster than the first. Idiot PO was def in this knuckle, had clear grease that looked like Vaseline in it. Would be on the road today, but Conecelli Toyota took an extra day to mail out the gasket I was missing for the cap on the hub, so 90% until tomorrow. If all goes well, wheels back on and rolling tomorrow.

Andy pointed out that I'm maybe 1" or so off the factory bump stops (will post a pic later). I told myself that if I could complete the knuckle rebuild I would treat myself to buying the lift and all supporting components right away. Looking forward to that immensely. Still have rear brakes and rotors to get done, but was just in there on the LX, so should be pretty quick to get those done.

I may come up to hang out and wheel the kiddie trails for Coal Mine. Plus I wanted to meet Onur there. Truck is by no means ready or capable yet, but all this work has to lead somewhere right?

Just typed all of this and realized you are talking to a different Chris ... classic :doh:. Regardless, Happy 4th to everyone.

All buttoned up now Chris? Gonna be at coal mine next week?

Waiting on an RCV mainshaft which should be arriving tomorrow. Reassembly and install is slated for this weekend. No coal mine for me this year...stars just didn't align.

Well he's not registered, but if he asks nicely and wears that special outfit I like, I'm sure we could fit him in.

Oh behave :love:

Final prepping for CMCC.

I had my starter rebuilt by a local shop. It stuck ON for a little while while at a gas station coming home from wheeling this winter, and it had started clicking pretty often in the past few months.

It was one of the toughest starters I've ever replaced! Didn't help that it was like 95 out this week...

Still need to wire my elocker. Of course I left the most important till last!

I also think I finally figured out my clutch chatter issue. The clutch would chatter for the first few starts in the morning. I realized that I had a leak at the rear of my valve cover that was dripping oil on the top of the bell housing. Probably doesn't help that my driveway has a little incline.

I replaced the valve cover gasket. Will see if it fixed the issue!

20180704_100857.jpg
20180704_100904.jpg

Follow up to this pic I posted in our chit chat thread:

Screenshot_20180704-141538.png

My white '91 FJ80 AC was non opp.

Charged it up and compressor kicked in.
I diagnosed a bad expansion valve; vacuum on the low side and too high on the high side.

IMG_20180705_165400.jpg

Went surching on mud and found exp valve is inside the evaporator box behind the dash. Sux!

Read one post that said try purging the evaporator with some solvent and compressed air before ripping things apart.

I undid the firewall bulkhead lines, flushed as much brake clean through as I could. Heard a distinct pop with the compressed air and some air started to pass through the evaporator.

Buttoned it up with some new green o rings here and there.
Replaced the dryer.
Recharged to 80% with r134.
Went from 94°f in the sun.

IMG_20180705_161717.jpg

To 45°f in the center vent @ 1800rpm sitting in the driveway!
IMG_20180705_165342.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got some protection.
Fabing up some sliders in the next few weeks.

fun fact the Smittybilt x20 series doesn't exactly fit the ARB bumpers. You need 1/2 inch spacers to allow for clearance.

Out with the old ...
20180630_125037.jpg

Rotors have been in rough shape since bringing it home a year ago
20180630_154532.jpg

Recently stated to make some grinding noises. Think I found the issue ...
20180630_154524.jpg

In with the cool new stuff ...
20180704_135525.jpg

So shiny and new ...
20180704_135519.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom