What aftermarket goodies would you like to see? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adapter for a 5-6 speed HD auto...or a cheaper way to upgrade the A44X.
Twin-cases/Toy-Box/Orion/Stak/Atlas/>4:1 gears.
Tube fenders to fit ~40" tires and match factory lines/corner lens bolts in.
Reasonably priced sliders/bumpers.
Better center console.
Early 80's RDB kit.
Rear SF chromoly shafts.
Cable lockers.
Internal roll cage/bar.
3FE turbo kit or atleast some way to get more power easily.
Rear cantilever coil-over kit.
Front coil-over kit.
Torsion bar style sway bars.
Front 3-link kit.
T-case parking brake.
Rock Crusher style quarter panels.

This is a good list. X2 on some tube fenders. I'd even go for some fiberglass prerunner style fender with a larger opening. Bigger problem is the rear wheel wells and how to make them larger.:meh:

This is a good list. X2 on some tube fenders. I'd even go for some fiberglass prerunner style fender with a larger opening. Bigger problem is the rear wheel wells and how to make them larger.:meh:

Canti-lever rear suspension, wishbone upper link, no pan-hard, stretch kit, with 1/4"+ crusher quarter panels like the Heeps get.

Just cut them and weld up a new inner fender. I cut 3" for a bigger opening.

Adapter for a 5-6 speed HD auto...or a cheaper way to upgrade the A44X.
Twin-cases/Toy-Box/Orion/Stak/Atlas/>4:1 gears.
Tube fenders to fit ~40" tires and match factory lines/corner lens bolts in.
Reasonably priced sliders/bumpers.
Better center console.
Early 80's RDB kit.
Rear SF chromoly shafts.
Cable lockers.
Internal roll cage/bar.
3FE turbo kit or atleast some way to get more power easily.
Rear cantilever coil-over kit.
Front coil-over kit.
Torsion bar style sway bars.
Front 3-link kit.
T-case parking brake.
Rock Crusher style quarter panels.

I concur

-- why the tcase brake? what benefit do you see?

because it is a hell of a lot better than a emergency brake kit if you need to park on a hill for some reason.

No one wants an ejector seat??

1/4" longer than stock heavy duty rear lower control arms to correct pinion angle on a 4" lift and slightly adjust the stuff of a 37" tire on said 4" lift to the rear where you are trimming those lower quarters anyway.

This will sell, because you will save the average user $500 in adjustable UCA costs even if they only plan 35's. Unless of course they are still running mudflaps, in which case they are going to call you and complain about rubbing.

Weld on slider function reinforcements for the rear lower control arm frame brackets so that we can try to slide over those things instead of hanging up on them and beating them to death all the time.

Bottom line: built sh$t for people who don't have flares, bullbars, onboard refrigerators, or OCD. It doesn't have to bolt-on, sawzall use is an acceptable requirement, it should weigh as little as possible while offering acceptable protection and maximum function, and solve problems for people who are trying to run trails that 80 series Cruisers are not suited for. The rest of the market is covered, pansie holders aside (and I'd buy one of those to hold the fake flowers that the VW bugs have, that would be sweet).

Last edited:
I'm keen to the roll cage Chad first suggested, especially if it would bolt to body & not interfere with front & middle seat entry/exit. Also like to see a scan gauge type of box for pre -OBII type systems so all 80 owners can feel "hi-tech". And lastly, how about a chip or device to up the gas mileage into the high 20s or low 30s without too much sacrifice in power?(Hey, if we're just dreaming, what the hell?)

2 words...

rocket launcher

Well, nothing like being prepared for the inevitable civil unrest once our dollar system collapses.

I was thinking more close range built-in devices like 360 degree pepper spray or CS/tear gas crowd dispersal system, 900k volt exterior door handles, composite armoured body panels, and a hidden armament of goodies.

Well, nothing like being prepared for the inevitable civil unrest once our dollar system collapses.

I was thinking more close range built-in devices like 360 degree pepper spray or CS/tear gas crowd dispersal system, 900k volt exterior door handles, composite armoured body panels, and a hidden armament of goodies.

Excellent! I wasn't in my society coming to an end mindset when I posted (a couple of good 1554's will do that), and I left out some critical projects.

:popcorn:

I'd like to see those big window deflector, shown in red arrow.

For some well.. prolly' its fugly etc... the point is I just never seen it in the states, me like to be one of the kind, unique :D
Deflector.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom