Water Pump Question and Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I've got the front end and top all apart replacing crankshaft seal, dizzy O ring, oil pump cover gasket, all heater hoses, belts, PHH, cleaning throttle body and plenum, new fuel filter, valve cover, tube seals, tune up kit, PCV valve...just finally doing a thorough baseline. I am going to go ahead and put in a new water pump while I'm in there and wanted some feedback. I have seen references to this 'Aisin' water pump and wanted some practical experience or advice from our mud folks who have used it.

Amazon product ASIN B00829HZVI
Maybe rebuilt? Maybe a knock off? Should I just go to dealership and get OEM to be sure? Repacing it again is not something I wanna do again anytime soon.

Also, any other 'while I'm in there...' stuff I should look at or replace?

I put that same exact pump from Aisin and Amazon on my truck over 4 years and 20K miles ago. Install went great, seals and studs included. It appeared to me to be a very high quality part, better than the one I took out. Isn't Aisin an OEM supplier to Toyota?
I would go with the one you posted. I am not convinced that a Toyota WP is better, or different. Just my two cents.

Aisin is, yes, but I'm always skeptical of Amazon and Ebay knockoffs, especially when they're 100 bucks cheaper than dealership prices. Great feed back thanks!

I go with toyotapartsdeal.com and just pay for OEM. Might be the same from Amazon, but always skeptical. OEM from Toyota always works.

Purchased my aisin water pump and aisin blue hub fan clutch from Amazon about 5 years ago. You could see where Toyota was ground off of the water pump. The parts I received were legit and have held up just fine.

Aisin FCT-004 is the part number for the blue hub fan clutch if you’re interested.

Here's a video on counterfit parts from Amazon/Ebay. I guess it's hard to tell unless you have a new genuine part next to the fake.

I replaced the original fan clutch with a blue hub from Aisin that got off Amazon. It's worked perfectly so far, but I did tear it apart and upgrade the oil. I guess this is the world we live in anymore. I bit the bullet and ordered OEM water pump and gasket from a local dealership that offers a LC discount for our local club. Not a part I want to fail or have to replace. Thanks for all the feedback, gents.

Did mine recently and bought both Aisin water pump and Aisin fan clutch off Rock Auto. Also did the fan clutch mod.

I got my Aisin from rock auto for $60-something as well. no reason to believe it wasnt genuine. only a year old but its doing fine. I replaced as a PM though so I have the old one as a spare.

RockAuto: the letters/word TOYOTA are ground off and a small AISIN sticker
is put in it's place.

I have no proof, but it is likely made with the same bearings/seal as the Toyota pump. Theoretically it could just be the that the casting is the same but with different bearings/seal/impeller. The differences I see are that the studs
for the fan clutch come already attached to the Toyota pump, they come loose in the box with the AISIN and you have to install them yourself.

IME the impeller appears identical and more likely than not the bearings/seal are also the same, and that it is exactly the same pump internally as what is put in the Toyota box.

No reason to go to fleabay for any of these parts. Toyota or a known vendor.

Got my Aisin from rock auto. Been a couple years with zero issues. Saves a ton compared to a Toyota branded. Plus it looked like the Toyota logo was ground off and an Aisin sticker put in its place

It fell off, look in the box. Mine was just barely sticking on the pump and came off with light handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom