WARN 8274...show what ya got! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To all you knowledgeable WARN 8274 folk:

My brother has a wireless remote WARN 90287 laying about that isn’t being used. Out of curiosity has anyone wired one up to a 8274?

Regardless of if it is compatible I’ll likely still hardline it. But still curious!

I've only used generic aftermarket wireless remotes, but they have worked well. You just have to be careful, they are much more dangerous than being hard-wired.

Last edited:
I've only used generic aftermarket wireless remotes, but they have worked well. You just have to be careful, they are much more dangerous than being hardwired.
Appreciate the reply. I agree indeed more dangerous hence why I’ll likely still go the hardline route but was curious as his is just sitting not being used.

I've only used generic aftermarket wireless remotes, but they have worked well. You just have to be careful, they are much more dangerous than being hard-wired.
Curious as to why you feel they are much more dangerous?

I have 2 Warn wireless (1 is capable of operating wired too). If the remote loses connection the winch stops.

Maybe you're basing your statement on the generic wireless remotes?

I have 2 Warn wireless (1 is capable of operating wired too). If the remote loses connection the winch stops.

because cheap radios do cheap radio things sometimes.
when the neighbor kid's rc car turns on your remote unexpectedly, bad things happen.

always have a battery disconnect on your winch.

because cheap radios do cheap radio things sometimes.
when the neighbor kid's rc car turns on your remote unexpectedly, bad things happen.

always have a battery disconnect on your winch.
A battery disconnect is a good idea. I’ve picked up some Anderson connectors for that very application.

I feel like the WARN wireless would be of good quality. My original question was surrounding if anyone had wired their 8274 with that model of wireless remote. I have read of some initial lag but not overly concerned with that.

Because exactly what gnob said. Also, buttons have a tendency to get pushed accidentally every now and then. Let's just say something fell on the remote when the winch cable is already spooled up. If it happened to push the "in" button, it could destroy your bumper, frame, etc... if it failed to stop.

new rope

winch line Insta-1.jpg

I was wondering how much gnob preferred to install. Especially where he lives. PLENTY of trees. I have seen where some people prefer to carry less. I live where there is almost nothing ever around to winch to so I would spool up as much as I could fit.

How much rope do you put on?
i did ~100'. it's 110 ft before termination.
i carry a couple extra lengths as well. (25,30')
150' of 3/8 is a little much. my last rope was 125, 5/16 originally. probably down to 75 before replacement.

when i sold the other winch i did 125', seemed like a bit much for actual use, side pulls etc

Finally got it all wired up. Now to add the 100’ of ASR synthetic line and a few other Factor55 goodies. The wireless is an added bonus and will likely just use the hardline majority of the time.

IMG_2915.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

Just finished getting this installed. 24v Albright, 12v motor. Was a basket-case auction 'win', still have to change out the wire rope and add an isolator to the positive cable.

IMG_20230521_174049348_HDR.jpg

paid 600 bought some new line cover ect next is to find a sticker
v.jpg
23 (2).jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got around to cleaning & rebuilding this Sept 1978 8274. NOS Warn solenoids, brake kit and drum kit.

20230603_201155.jpg

20230603_201120.jpg

20230523_201401.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom