Wannabe Rock Crawler/Camping Rig Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Enjoyed the last little bit of winter camping
tempImage88EYda.jpg

tempImages1Kve5.jpg
tempImageRJd34a.jpg

And then changed the radius arm bushings yet again.
tempImagek5ZO1L.jpg

By this time my tires were halfway worn already. I love these Maxxis, but they wear quite quickly.
tempImagevL4FVO.jpg

tempImagekQaUxj.jpg

Present day, you can barely make out the grooves.

I wired up some lights in the tent. Game changer for camping - the roof of the tent diffuses the light so it is softer on the eyes than a lantern.
tempImage55p9IJ.jpg

Plus it looks like two light sabers from the outside
tempImageUwPxQT.jpg

Rear chromoly shafts came in and I reamed the holes out and retapped the hubs to fit the 12 point screws. No more cone washers!
52096491367_3d01d20f69_o.JPG

Somewhere in Utah on the way back from Expo I noticed that the oil light came not not long after we got going again after filling up at a gas station.
Turns out that I forgot to put the oil cap back on after topping up. I felt so dumb. I looked all around the engine bay but couldn't find the cap. Anyway, a couple more quarts went in and I duct taped the hole. It wasn't until I got home that I was able to find the cap wedged in way below under the battery.
tempImage3TniaC.jpg

We made it back home! With a speeding ticket on the dash no less (yes really)
tempImageetjPFy.jpg

Got home and changed the rear brakes.
tempImageVYkxdC.jpg

Oof, this was a fun day.
I went to change the rear u joints and the brand new cap exploded in the press. I had to drive to the parts store in front wheel drive to get another one.
tempImageeHVKJn.jpg

Apparently I was feeling very productive so I wanted to move my spare t case into storage. The 80 was in a tight space but I heaved the t case around and into it anyway, denting the body in process.
tempImagebRGBcR.jpg

Dents from rocks etc. I don't mind as much, but when they come from dumb situations...

Where has the heart of your build been recorded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom