Wannabe Rock Crawler/Camping Rig Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The new engine was prepped to go in
tempImagefpaz4P.jpg

We flat towed the 80 to a nearby car wash to really clean the engine bay and do our best to get the east coast undercoating off of everything.
tempImageHdT1no.jpg

Came out quite well!

We put the new engine in and it immediately had issues when we tried to start it.
tempImage3P1UoK.jpg

It misfired horribly. Got scared for a little bit, but quickly diagnosed it as broken injector plugs which did not allow the harness to clip on fully. Luckily I had plenty of extra injectors from the engines that I ...ahem... collected. I exchanged the bad injectors and the engine ran beautifully!
tempImageRLcZYO.jpg

Next up was to swap t cases for the one I built with the new gears.
tempImagePZyUmS.jpg

And then took some photos
51849054722_2a3aa953e9_o.JPG

This would have been March 2022 at this point. With the next Moab trip just a couple weeks away, I decided to get some cheap, long shocks from Dobinsons.
tempImagekX4x8F.jpg

I, of course had to cycle them.
tempImagenKxGsQ.jpg

tempImages5SRQo.jpg

tempImage4GqqeC.jpg

tempImageCgEsRk.jpg

We were "ready" for Moab once again and headed out. It typical fashion for us, we had to drive through a blizzard most of the way through Montana and Idaho.
tempImagenrvxpp.jpg

How noticeable are the tcase gears on the road? Still at 4.10s? I have both sets on the shelf that Im going to be doing when I get the time also. Also, anything special to weld up the coupler?

whats next for your build?

How noticeable are the tcase gears on the road? Still at 4.10s? I have both sets on the shelf that Im going to be doing when I get the time also. Also, anything special to weld up the coupler?

whats next for your build?
I have 5.29s, so with the t case gears it's like 5.82s. I like it. Just make sure everything is still flat and together when you weld the coupler. Heat from welding will make it want to shift.

Here are some trails we hit.
Cliffhanger
tempImageimqgKD.jpg

Cliff4.JPG

Cliff9.JPG

Cliff8.JPG

This also happened on Steelbender
tempImageRzWRzp.jpg

tempImage36UZXp.jpg

Tire was wedged in a hole and I had to turn into a rock to try to climb up. Was able to back down, reseat the bead and hit it again.

Went quick through the sandy washes and bad things happened. The spare tire wasn't strapped down and hit the hatch, partially popping the glass out of the gasket.
Luckily it didn't break and I fixed the gasket.
tempImageq1IQ9V.jpg

Jumping back in time (again), I got an antenna mount from @reznunt
tempImagevyws1G.jpg

The aluminum rad that replaced the one that cracked on the drive home from buying the 80
tempImagemWEF3a.jpg

And the Delta Switch Pros mount
tempImageaIggjr.jpg

Took the rear axle shafts out and found that not only were the splines worn, I twisted them. Luckily I had already ordered chromoly shafts
tempImageWybwln.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom