Wannabe Rock Crawler/Camping Rig Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, now we're up to July of last year.

Back into the mountains we went - wearing hula shirts and watering plants
IMG_4487.JPG

tempImageqrE5xv.jpg

That camp was sweet
09AFB0CE-4325-48C2-B972-3A8E67367794.JPG

Elle was being majestic per usual
tempImageNjYPDU.jpg

I added a snorkel to keep dirt and water out of the airbox from cutting out the wheel liners.
I wanted a stainless one for more flow for a turbo down the line, but this Safari snorkel came up locally for $75.
tempImageqqNqZ4.jpg

tempImagePpO0cM.jpg

Like folks mentioned before, the pictures are f***ing awesome 😎
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Photography is fun side hobby for me. It's also expensive though... I seem to have trouble finding cheap hobbies

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Photography is fun side hobby for me. It's also expensive though... I seem to have trouble finding cheap hobbies
What camera are you using? Do you shoot raw, or let something light Lightroom to edit light. . .

What camera are you using? Do you shoot raw, or let something light Lightroom to edit light. . .
Canon 5D mkiii - excited to upgrade though
lol yeah I shoot raw and then edit in Lightroom.

Canon 5D mkiii - excited to upgrade though
lol yeah I shoot raw and then edit in Lightroom.
Sweet. I had an old Nikon D80. Broke about 6 months ago. Haven't upgraded yet 😐

Sweet. I had an old Nikon D80. Broke about 6 months ago. Haven't upgraded yet 😐
The new technology is making it more and more appealing for me to lay down way too much money for one.

Hit the flares on a rock.
tempImagetzhSg9.jpg

tempImagePopOi0.jpg

Really not bad whatsoever, but I was upset with myself and then tried to fix it by painting the flares silver to match the body moulding. I did this on my last 80 and it turned out great. This time however, the paint no where near matched and looked terrible with the red and then I was upset with myself that I made the flares even worse. I only did the fronts before I realized my mistake.

Messed around with @Squeegee 's light forces
tempImage3eRTdj.jpg

Found an imported W123 Mercedes 230E and bought it. This one was imported from Russia. I love these old Mercedes.
I still have it if anyone wants to take it off my hands...
tempImagebvJoWP.jpg

Matchy matchy with @Squeegee
tempImagea3lqoP.jpg

Painted the bumper as well as the grill
tempImageY3eLyw.jpg

While I was at it, I painted the front flares back to red with some leftover touch up paint I had.
tempImageoEvfDi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom