Wannabe Rock Crawler/Camping Rig Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where has the heart of your build been recorded?
Nowhere really. Instagram sort of, but it's really just random photos for fun.
I'm trying to make this thread into that base build log.

I want to do a ute chop with trailing arms so badly, but need to figure out where the dogs would go.

Good looking truck, man. Someone has some serious photog skills!

I recommend keeping a set of OEM rear axle shafts on hand. Heard of a few sets of those nitros blowing the outer splines. Drilling out the OEM axle flanges to accept the larger fasteners is common to defeat the stud/dowel shear.

Good looking truck, man. Someone has some serious photog skills!

I recommend keeping a set of OEM rear axle shafts on hand. Heard of a few sets of those nitros blowing the outer splines. Drilling out the OEM axle flanges to accept the larger fasteners is common to defeat the stud/dowel shear.
I still have the stock shafts for spares. I will likely twist the spines on these Nitros as well, but I'm not terribly concerned by it. Any axle shaft you can get for these can and have been broken. If these Nitros have issues, I'll probably go with their new 32 spline ones.

The local LC club hosted a dyno day. The 80 put down 137 angry squirrels and 166 lb ft with a non operational O2 sensor and a massive exhaust leak.
Hopefully I can pump these numbers up significantly with a turbo.

2347F35E-7BCA-476B-986D-51139C9DBC8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Went camping again
52141298227_99893a757f_o.JPG

On the way up, I hit a partially downed tree which then fell some more and was completely supported by the truck.
IMG_7565.JPEG

Only a small section of a limb held it on the tent and kept it from smashing my brand new windshield.
IMG_7566.JPEG

Luckily I'm super super strong and was able to lift it up while my girlfriend quickly backed the cruiser out.

It rained in the night, so our way back down the next day was a soupy mess.

I've been informed that orange and orange does not go together...
IMG_7576.JPEG

Last edited:
Explored some more and found some leftover snow around Memorial Day. The fog heavily set it throughout the recently burned forest making for an eery feeling.
52142557249_84ec95c214_o.JPG

52141298087_d275289714_o.JPG

52142321281_9e072018a8_o.JPG

Took some photos and then headed back down out of the clouds for camp.
52142321466_dabd7408aa_o.JPG

52141298042_55d816167c_o.JPG

Watched our friends at Sherpa Motorsports race near us.
tempImage6Fm6Vm.jpg

This chongus split a rock, it needs to loose a few pounds
52196110373_775354284b_o.JPG

Nice looking rig & great write up & pics. Thank you!

Nice looking rig & great write up & pics. Thank you!
Thanks! It'll be nice for me to have everything all in one place so that I can check what I have or haven't done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom