Wait Times for LX600 allocations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cannot see waiting 2-3 years for an LX. Toyota and Lexus better start to ramp up production. I know a couple people that put multiple refundable deposits down for various vehicles- they are just going to take the first that comes.

By the time 2-3 years passed, the LX would be outdated. Hopefully they can ramp up production in 2023. If not, time to look elsewhere.

That's kind of where I'm at. It's turned into silly. The dealers are using this as a cash grab with the $30-40-50K above MSRP bit. Leaves a really bad taste. Good vehicles and all but give me a break.

The LX600 definitely isn’t worth waiting 2-3 years, hell IMHO it isn’t even worth waiting six months for.

The LX600 definitely isn’t worth waiting 2-3 years, hell IMHO it isn’t even worth waiting six months for.
Totally agree. People will just buy something else, if Toyota/ Lexus can’t deliver.

Not that I am comparing, but the local Chevy and GMC dealer in my area is starting to fill up their lots, over the summer was pretty bare, but now they have some inventory.

I think Lexus and Toyota are going to eliminate a chunk of their market by playing this game. And it is a game. I'm not a player. I've got a very nice 2010 Land Cruiser. Needs a bit of cosmetic work. I've given up on ever getting a LX 600, so I am just going to bust out a few $ grand and get this back into tip top shape appearance wise.

So, you believe all the manufacturers colluded, and got together with the chip maker, and said, slow down production?
Covid never happened?
Employees weren’t sent home to social distance or because they were sick, which affected production? Supply chain shortage is real.
Instead of trickle down economics, it was trickle down disaster for production.
This is not this a Toyota problem, this is worldwide automotive and consumer product problem.
TOYOTA does not benefit from slowing down production, every car they sell is wholesale to the dealer.
I put a deposit on the bronco day one and have yet to receive it ….that’s over two years. It’s slated for production January 3rd. I also put a deposit on a Rivian R12 slated for production, July to September 2023 that’s more than 2 years
If you don’t have product to sell, you take deposits and people just have to wait . We have approximately 260 deposits across the model lineup Even and when they do go back to full production, they’ll have to satisfy all the deposits along with a supply for stock.With every new allocation 80% of the cars are presold…..it’s a difficult process and nobody likes it. I’m sure you’ve driven by a few car dealerships and their lots have been pretty bare for the past few years.. It has been better over the last few months but it’s going be a long process to get back to pre-Covid inventory. We normally stock between 400-500 car…..4 months ago we had 10 cars to sell at month end. Nobody’s playing a game.

I passed on the LX600 after waiting 10 months, moved my deposit over to a future GX550 and picked up a 2023 bmw x7 in the meantime which was delivered in 60 days.
Man, makes me really thankful that I was able to land my base model LX600 when I did last April. My dealer in Memphis told me just a few months ago that the 4 people in front of me who passed up the base model (wanted cooled seats and a third row) are still waiting.

And in response to the others who don't think it's worth it...just took a 1000 mile road trip with three kids and my wife. It is totally worth it. We all arrived at our destinations much more relaxed, comfortable, and ready for the next adventure in this thing. It is a pure delight to drive long distances. 22mpg, commanding presence and plenty of power to merge and pass in traffic, and so quiet inside no matter what is going on outside.

I am hearing that you can now get a G wagon for MSRP, so I may end up ditching my dreams of getting an LX600 and go with a G Wagon. I dont think I am the only person thinking about that.

I am hearing that you can now get a G wagon for MSRP, so I may end up ditching my dreams of getting an LX600 and go with a G Wagon. I dont think I am the only person thinking about that.
Get the G wagon and just leave a deposit on the LX. They are completely different vehicles. You may want the LX when your ticket is punched in 2-3 years. I think it will be sooner than that in most instances though. When I put my deposit down in January the dealer felt like it was 12 month wait. Within 90 days he was sending me vehicles that were inbound and I finally found a combo I liked in July.

Agreed

So, you believe all the manufacturers colluded, and got together with the chip maker, and said, slow down production?
Covid never happened?
Employees weren’t sent home to social distance or because they were sick, which affected production? Supply chain shortage is real.
This is not this a Toyota problem, this is worldwide automotive and consumer product problem.
TOYOTA does not benefit from slowing down production, every car they sell is wholesale to the dealer.
I put a deposit on the bronco day one and have yet to receive it ….that’s over two years. It’s slated for production January 3rd. I also put a deposit on a Rivian R12 slated for production, July to September 2023 that’s more than 2 years
If you don’t have product to sell, you take deposits and people just have to wait . We have approximately 260 deposits across the model lineup Even and when they do go back to full production, they’ll have to satisfy all the deposits along with a supply for stock.With every new allocation 80% of the cars are presold…..it’s a difficult process and nobody likes it. I’m sure you’ve driven by a few car dealerships and their lots have been pretty bare for the past few years.. It has been better over the last few months but it’s going be a long process to get back to pre-Covid inventory. We normally stock between 400-500 car…..4 months ago we had 10 cars to sell at month end. Nobody’s playing a game.
I didn’t know broncos were still on a wait list. One small town dealer I drive through a few times a month looked like they had over a dozen broncos sitting on their lot. 2 and 4 doors. I know one’s been there a few weeks the body and roof paint combo always catch my eye.
Every dealer is different. Some Toyota dealers near me have under 10 vehicles forsale and one larger dealer 45 mins away has hundreds of new Toyotas forsale.
I’ve seen the videos of 10s of thousands of ford trucks sitting waiting for chips to be completed. With money getting more expensive I think many supply chains will catch up as the spending slows…. I said that last year thinking it would have happened by now

I am, quite simply, sick of hearing about Toyota's new models when we can't even buy older models in a reasonable amount of time. Could not care less about the unobtainium Sequoia, the GX550, the new Prius, or any other unavailable cars. I stopped watching channels like TFL and Driving Sports TV because I am sick of seeing things I can't buy.

My local dealer (a friend from church) who would typically have over 500 new Toyotas in stock, has 5. 5. The Subaru dealership (also owned by my friend) across the street? 600 new Subarus on the lot (up from 10 just 2 months ago).

There isn't a single 'regular' car in this world worth waiting more than a few months for. Not when there are plenty of choices on the used market. With used car prices dropping and their competitors quickly ramping up production and deliveries to dealers, Toyota had better figure out a way to fix their issues quickly. I would not wait even a month for a new Tundra, Sequoia, or LX when I can buy a Ford, Chevy or Cadillac off the lot. Or a used very low mileage Bentley Betanga for not much more than a new LX. Those choices may not be as high quality but they are obtainable.

I would not wait even a month for a new Tundra, Sequoia, or LX when I can buy a Ford, Chevy or Cadillac off the lot.
While I agree with a lot of what you said, you are talking like you are stuck walking unless you buy something with that statement. Lol

Here is the current game from Lexus and Toyota dealers. I’ve been played 5 times in the last month:

1. Find the advertised vehicle on cars.com.
2. Send email inquiring.
3. They start texting and calling, telling you that the vehicle you want is indeed available!
4. You ask them to send you more info, including the price. All looks good. The price is around MSRP.
5. I start looking at flight schedules, waiting for a final deal sheet to be sent to me.
6. The deal sheet comes, with anywhere from a $30K to $50K “market adjustment”. Oops. Small detail there.

Looks like I was duped. Again.

The reputation of car dealers is well EARNED.

Covid never happened?

I kindly disagree. Other car makers have long since gotten production somewhat normalized. I think Toyota and Lexus have latched on to a new business model that has alienated loyal customers, and I think it will backfire.

While I agree with a lot of what you said, you are talking like you are stuck walking unless you buy something with that statement. Lol
I have 10 cars so I don't need to walk. But in general, customers buy cars because they need a car. Americans typically aren't into delayed gratification, hence why the previous dealership model worked so well. Can't tell you how many friends have been out for the day, saw a car they liked, and bought it on the spot. My guess is they would not have bought the car if they had to order it.

Last edited:
“Today we announce a new business model: From now on, every customer will have to wait 3-4 years to buy a new model car”.

If you want a new LX 600 or Sequoia, that appears to be the case. Started two years ago, and they are quoting 3-4 year waits. I would say any business trend that lasts 5=7 years is a new business model.

THIS is the new Toyota/Lexus business model:

Here is the current game from Lexus and Toyota dealers. I’ve been played 5 times in the last month:

1. Find the advertised vehicle on cars.com.
2. Send email inquiring.
3. They start texting and calling, telling you that the vehicle you want is indeed available!
4. You ask them to send you more info, including the price. All looks good. The price is around MSRP.
5. I start looking at flight schedules, waiting for a final deal sheet to be sent to me.
6. The deal sheet comes, with anywhere from a $30K to $50K “market adjustment”. Oops. Small detail there.

Looks like I was duped. Again.

The reputation of car dealers is well EARNED.

I kindly disagree. Other car makers have long since gotten production somewhat normalized. I think Toyota and Lexus have latched on to a new business model that has alienated loyal customers, and I think it will backfire.
And this new business model is to alienate customers and sell less cars? Do you seriously believe that statement? I did say things are getting better, with one day remaining we have 56 cars in stock,

I am, quite simply, sick of hearing about Toyota's new models when we can't even buy older models in a reasonable amount of time. Could not care less about the unobtainium Sequoia, the GX550, the new Prius, or any other unavailable cars. I stopped watching channels like TFL and Driving Sports TV because I am sick of seeing things I can't buy.

My local dealer (a friend from church) who would typically have over 500 new Toyotas in stock, has 5. 5. The Subaru dealership (also owned by my friend) across the street? 600 new Subarus on the lot (up from 10 just 2 months ago).

There isn't a single 'regular' car in this world worth waiting more than a few months for. Not when there are plenty of choices on the used market. With used car prices dropping and their competitors quickly ramping up production and deliveries to dealers, Toyota had better figure out a way to fix their issues quickly. I would not wait even a month for a new Tundra, Sequoia, or LX when I can buy a Ford, Chevy or Cadillac off the lot. Or a used very low mileage Bentley Betanga for not much more than a new LX. Those choices may not be as high quality but they are obtainable.

Not to say I don’t believe you but I just checked Subaru of Scottsdale’s inventory and they have 49 new and 55 used available. Where are they hiding the other 551?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom