Wait Times for LX600 allocations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered this towards the end of September for my Wife. Approximately 220 orders in front of me at the dealership....

• Manganese luster
  • Appearance “black out” package
  • Levinson sound system
  • 18” alloy wheels

Big dealership? That sounds like a lot.
Westside Lexus, one of the four in Houston, and a very large dealership. Family has been customers for years, and where I purchased my '13 GX a while back. Salesperson I use started out in the mail room, guy is a great success story and treats you like an adult. Wife wanted a Sequoia but the Toyota dealers on my side of town are so bloody bad I pushed for the LX. Wish I could take my 200 there for some jobs I do not want to do myself...

Westside Lexus, one of the four in Houston, and a very large dealership. Family has been customers for years, and where I purchased my '13 GX a while back. Salesperson I use started out in the mail room, guy is a great success story and treats you like an adult. Wife wanted a Sequoia but the Toyota dealers on my side of town are so bloody bad I pushed for the LX. Wish I could take my 200 there for some jobs I do not want to do myself...

Same dealer we have been using for years, won't go anywhere else. I am pretty sure they will do service on your 200 for you. Is it still a six month wait on the LX600 order?

I send my 99 LC to Park Place Lexus....your Lexus store would be more than happy to work on it.

@Tex68w I bet way more than 6 months. I would be surprised if 200 even made it in US for 2022....they have become rare trucks not meaning to be...

That's what they've been quoting, seem to have come close on the first few delivered.

Hagerty magazine came out with this article. Interesting but short read.

2022 Lexus LX600.jpg

Taking offers on my lx600 with 5k miles….kidding but I wonder what it would fetch on BAT

Same dealer we have been using for years, won't go anywhere else. I am pretty sure they will do service on your 200 for you. Is it still a six month wait on the LX600 order?
Not sure on timing, I would say at least six months.

I just called Sewell Lexus of Dallas this a.m. to inquire about a LX 600. He said he couldn't help me on one of those for "3 to 4 years."
;)
Was going to share the same feedback here for any interested parties. Salesman I have been working with at Sewell whilst kicking tires on a GX also said the same thing. 3 to 4 years for a LX600 but was happy to put me on the wait list lol.

Maybe someone here can explain it to me but personally I don't know who the LX is for. (Especially the 600) It feels like this weird amalgamation that doesn't know what it wants to be. I know it has good bones but it's a bear to mod with little to no aftermarket support making it not ideal for use as a off road/overlander. On the lux side of things it falls short with weird design and feature choices that just don't seem all that well thought out.

Was going to share the same feedback here for any interested parties. Salesman I have been working with at Sewell whilst kicking tires on a GX also said the same thing. 3 to 4 years for a LX600 but was happy to put me on the wait list lol.

Maybe someone here can explain it to me but personally I don't know who the LX is for. (Especially the 600) It feels like this weird amalgamation that doesn't know what it wants to be. I know it has good bones but it's a bear to mod with little to no aftermarket support making it not ideal for use as a off road/overlander. On the lux side of things it falls short with weird design and feature choices that just don't seem all that well thought out.

Agreed! We were disappointed and underwhelmed upon our lengthy test drive.

When the auto show passed through Houston I checked out the new Sequoia (doors locked to the public) and the new LX600. Also sat in the new Tundra to try and get a grasp of the cabin size of the new Sequoia. The LX was unlocked and to me the interior felt small and cramped. Part of my problem with modern vehicles is the belt line IMHO gets higher and higher, which can make me feel like the car interior is smaller. In the case of these two they also felt like the leg room was less compared to the 200, and not as much shoulder room. After sitting in the new LX I found a new white on black LX570 at Westside and begged my wife to take this over a new one, but she wanted the newer tech of the LX600. Because CarPlay is more important than visibility...

I have not looked at the dimensions and compared the LX to the 200, but I was disappointed. Somewhat unfortunate that spending around six-figures on a new automobile feels like an unexciting compromise built around an iPad.

I can confirm that the interior of the LX600 is indeed slightly smaller than that of the LX570. The rear leg room, footwell, and hip space up front being the most noticeable areas when sitting in it.

When the auto show passed through Houston I checked out the new Sequoia (doors locked to the public) and the new LX600. Also sat in the new Tundra to try and get a grasp of the cabin size of the new Sequoia. The LX was unlocked and to me the interior felt small and cramped. Part of my problem with modern vehicles is the belt line IMHO gets higher and higher, which can make me feel like the car interior is smaller. In the case of these two they also felt like the leg room was less compared to the 200, and not as much shoulder room. After sitting in the new LX I found a new white on black LX570 at Westside and begged my wife to take this over a new one, but she wanted the newer tech of the LX600. Because CarPlay is more important than visibility...

I have not looked at the dimensions and compared the LX to the 200, but I was disappointed. Somewhat unfortunate that spending around six-figures on a new automobile feels like an unexciting compromise built around an iPad.
I’ll admit I love me some Apple CarPlay but really don’t care for the rest of the new trends across the automotive industry with giant touch screens everywhere, removal of physical controls for things like AC and radio. Digital gauges can look cool I guess but I think analog is timeless, oh and piano black trim is hot garbage.

Ok, I do like CarPlay, but I wish I could swap out a double-din if I wanted to keep up with the latest tech. Need to look into the GX550, I really liked my ‘13 GX.

Not sure on timing, I would say at least six months.
We have approximately 60 orders for the LX600…we are the 3rd largest dealership in the North East and receive 2-3 per month so the wait times are more then a year…. 2-3 years is realistic. I placed a deposit for a Capstone Sequoia in May and would be lucky to see it before Feb. Looking back just a few years ago, pre covid when the LX570 was at full production we were getting 6-10 per month so anyone placing a deposit now for a 600 is going to wait a few years. One of the biggest issues is weeding out all the shippers.. the due diligence to figured that out can be taxing. One thing I do know if it’s an LLC in Montana which is a no title tax state it’s a shipper. We recently refunded 15 deposits we suspected as being shippers and got zero push back which validated our research.

We have approximately 60 orders for the LX600…we are the 3rd largest dealership in the North East and receive 2-3 per month so the wait times are more then a year…. 2-3 years is realistic. I placed a deposit for a Capstone Sequoia in May and would be lucky to see it before Feb. Looking back just a few years ago, pre covid when the LX570 was at full production we were getting 6-10 per month so anyone placing a deposit now for a 600 is going to wait a few years. One of the biggest issues is weeding out all the shippers.. the due diligence to figured that out can be taxing. One thing I do know if it’s an LLC in Montana which is a no title tax state it’s a shipper. We recently refunded 15 deposits we suspected as being shippers and got zero push back which validated our research.

I think Lexus and Toyota are going to eliminate a chunk of their market by playing this game. And it is a game. I'm not a player. I've got a very nice 2010 Land Cruiser. Needs a bit of cosmetic work. I've given up on ever getting a LX 600, so I am just going to bust out a few $ grand and get this back into tip top shape appearance wise.

I think Lexus and Toyota are going to eliminate a chunk of their market by playing this game. And it is a game. I'm not a player. I've got a very nice 2010 Land Cruiser. Needs a bit of cosmetic work. I've given up on ever getting a LX 600, so I am just going to bust out a few $ grand and get this back into tip top shape appearance wise.
I cannot see waiting 2-3 years for an LX. Toyota and Lexus better start to ramp up production. I know a couple people that put multiple refundable deposits down for various vehicles- they are just going to take the first that comes.

By the time 2-3 years passed, the LX would be outdated. Hopefully they can ramp up production in 2023. If not, time to look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom