Wait Times for LX600 allocations (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the wait still ridiculous on these?

So that assumes no increase in production in 2-3 years? I would assume production will increase at some point, even marginally.

I would agree 2-3 years if they maintain current low production. Most people will move to another manufacturer as they don’t have that much patience.

TAB has already increased production at Yoshiwara and introduced a 3rd shift to assembly: that hasn't been done since the 80 series.

Unless they introduce LX manufacture at Tahara (which is doubtful given the current supply chain environment), the flow of trucks will be what it is for the foreseeable future.

TAB has already increased production at Yoshiwara and introduced a 3rd shift to assembly: that hasn't been done since the 80 series.

Unless they introduce LX manufacture at Tahara (which is doubtful given the current supply chain environment), the flow of trucks will be what it is for the foreseeable future.

Interesting. Why are shipments to the US so low? Have they allocated more units to other parts of the world?

Things are softening slightly. I was offered to buy a premium at sticker plus $15K this weekend. Still silly, but they’re coming down. They had 3 on the lot. All 22s. When the 23s start coming in, I expect MSRP will be doable. Perhaps Feb or March.

My dealer has been offering MSRP with no adds for six months now. Not sure how far out the orders have been quoted but they are trickling in.

Just a guess based on his username, but would give Sewell Lexus in DFW a call. Sewell was one of the few dealerships that wasn't marking up Yukon, Tahoe, expedition, etc. when we were in the market for one last year. Seemed to be a Sewell wide mandate
Sewell is one of the dealers with a 3-4 year wait. They will sell at MSRP but you may need to push back a little on their “preferred package” add ons. My experience with Park Place earlier this year was not apples to apples but the experience was enough to push me away. Not sure what the situation is with dealers in the Houston, Austin, or San Antonio areas.

Sewell has a 3-4 year wait, as do most dealers. But things are softening. One dealership quoted me MSRP + 20K. Three months ago it was 50K.
I really wonder about this. Local dealer has reached out to me twice this week (12/12) because he has 2 sitting in his show room available - white F Sport and black Luxury. So maybe market dependent?

I bet the “3 to 4 year wait” spiel the dealers are using is a proven ploy to steer a potential customer to a different model that they have in stock or can get quickly.
They certainly know and everyone knows that nobody is going to wait 4 years to buy a certain vehicle.
I’m calling BS on the 3-4 year wait

I bet the “3 to 4 year wait” spiel the dealers are using is a proven ploy to steer a potential customer to a different model that they have in stock or can get quickly.
They certainly know and everyone knows that nobody is going to wait 4 years to buy a certain vehicle.
I’m calling BS on the 3-4 year wait

I had a dealer do that. “Lease the GX, which is almost as good, and when the lease is up, your LX will be ready. That’s what a lot of my LX buyers are doing.”

LX 600 Premium (Manganese/Black) Available at Dave McDermott Lexus?

I was ordering a key for my LX and spied it in the showroom. Apparently the buyer is having second thoughts…the salesman asked me on the spot if I wanted to buy it.

Although they have a wait list, I’m pretty sure they’re looking to sell it before the FYE.

Maybe worth a call?? Thought I’d post this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom