Vacuum gauge connection... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

imyahucklbrry

“In Vino Veritas”
SILVER Star
Threads
GA - As close to the lake as I can afford...
The fitting below was capped off as pictured by PO... during his desmogging I suppose - I never realized that there was a 3rd connection until just now!
Question: “Is this a good place to connect a vacuum gauge?” There is definitely suction where I hooked a line to it - truck has run fine with this open all 5 years I’ve had it! :grinpimp:

Last edited:
The fitting below was capped off as pictured by PO... during his desmogging I suppose - I never realized that there was a 3rd connection until just now!
Question: “Is this a good place to connect a vacuum gauge?” There is definitely suction where I hooked a line to it - truck has run fine with this open all 5 years I had it! :grinpimp:
View attachment 1905213View attachment 1905214

The truck will run mo better now you got that plugged. :hillbilly:

If this is a good place to pull vacuum for a gauge, I have a two nipple unit I just might throw on there and install a gauge.

Thanks Rick!

Looks like a good place to connect a line to me! As long as it doesn’t need a huge line for your gauge to work correctly.

Those two nipple units are always the best! Ha ha good one Rick! On a serious note what year is your 40? Appears to be ‘79-83? Also need advice on getting into fly fishing, maybe PM me? Tom

Question: “Is this a good place to connect a vacuum gauge?” There is definitely suction where I hooked a line to it - truck has run fine with this open all 5 years I’ve had it! :grinpimp:
The truck will run mo better now you got that plugged. :hillbilly:

If this is a good place to pull vacuum for a gauge, I have a two nipple unit I just might throw on there and install a gauge.
Looks like a good place to connect a line to me! As long as it doesn’t need a huge line for your gauge to work correctly.

For those who Need or wish to Cap Off various Vacuum Ports on there Trucks , this is the Only way i Roll.........

I have had NAPA Garbage Vacuum caps crack and dry rot in a matter of only a month or two , pep Boyz worse

This is a Made In Japan , OEM Toyota EPDM rubber UV Rated Cap , these spec's are in a TSB ( Technical Service bulletin )

from the 1995-2002 5VZ-FE 3.4 Ltr. V6

the ones updated on my on my 1995 T-100 lasted a Lifetime of service / 650K till i parted with it

Last edited:
Those two nipple units are always the best! Ha ha good one Rick! On a serious note what year is your 40? Appears to be ‘79-83? Also need advice on getting into fly fishing, maybe PM me? Tom

Ah... but I be sporting a 3 nipple unit! :smokin:
My truck is an ‘82....
Fly fishing........ @rkymtnflyfisher is probably a better source for advice but I’d say get a low priced setup first (because you can definitely drop high $$$ on this habit!) so you can decide if you’ll like it before opting for better stuff. I taught my kids the cast rhythm and bug presentation from a boat so they wouldn’t have to contend with trees etc.

I don’t know if I’m a better source for advice, but I sure do have a bad habit!

Well both habits can be spendy! Good thing my girl Darlene likes the 40’s because I will be doing another. Just starting to look around for a few missing pieces. Might even start a new thread.

Ah... but I be sporting a 3 nipple unit! :smokin:
My truck is an ‘82....
Fly fishing........ @rkymtnflyfisher is probably a better source for advice but I’d say get a low priced setup first (because you can definitely drop high $$$ on this habit!) so you can decide if you’ll like it before opting for better stuff. I taught my kids the cast rhythm and bug presentation from a boat so they wouldn’t have to contend with trees etc.

Nipples anyone ?

I have 6 available .....

Nipples.... what great subject! :cheers:

Didn't care for the extra plug, being it is a maintenance item. So I swapped my 23265 filter, gas, no.1 two nipple unit for a single 90917-11022 OEM unit below.

Reckon all the manifold openings from different years are tapped the same thread size?

Believe I’ll just order one then!

If I can find a mini vacuum gauge, I'm going to install this one-armed saguaro cactus looking union into the manifold. This is the union for the brake's master cylinder vacuum location, then I'd run a vacuum line off the small appendage to the mini vacuum gauge. Being this union is on the manifold behind the carb, the added vacuum line shouldn't be too noticeable.

That is my preferred method as well Rick. Been doing that for the last 10 years or so.

If I can find a mini vacuum gauge, I'm going to install this one-armed saguaro cactus looking union into the manifold. This is the union for the brake's master cylinder vacuum location, then I'd run a vacuum line off the small appendage to the mini vacuum gauge. Being this union is on the manifold behind the carb, the added vacuum line shouldn't be too noticeable.

View attachment 1906087
I’ve got that minus the extra appendage... got another layin around? ;)

I would make a good guess and say yes.

View attachment 1906087
That is my preferred method as well Rick. Been doing that for the last 10 years or so.
I’ve got that minus the extra appendage... got another layin around? ;)

For those who want there PO mess cleaned up all OEM Nice-Like ,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom