US versions v Non-US versions of the FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are some of the differences (beyond RHD v LHD) between the US versions and the non-US versions of the FJ55. I am aware of the barn (ambulance doors) and while the latter model years in the US had disc brakes, it seems that at least some non-US FJ55s still had the rather troublesome drum brakes. Any other significant or interesting differences?

Power steering became available earlier in Ozzie rigs and used a different mounting. I think alternator mounting was different in the later models and the smog pump status differed too. Full float rear axles were the norm IIRC. H41s were the norm over H42s. *I think*.

Mark...

Side mirror location is different sometimes.
US had electric rear windows but some other markets were hand cranked.
I would think anything that was dealer installed would be different. Like, I think some markets didn't have manual front hubs.
Color choices

Power steering became available earlier in Ozzie rigs and used a different mounting. I think alternator mounting was different in the later models and the smog pump status differed too. Full float rear axles were the norm IIRC. H41s were the norm over H42s. *I think*.

Mark...
Good to see you in here Mark!
Smog/air pump was not used in all markets, eh? US only? Any others?

Side mirror location is different sometimes.
US had electric rear windows but some other markets were hand cranked.
I would think anything that was dealer installed would be different. Like, I think some markets didn't have manual front hubs.
Color choices
Other markets had the side mirrors further forward, up on the upper fender apron.
Yeah interesting that you could get an ambi-door Pig, tailgate w/ hand crank, or tailgate w/ de-luxe electric window.
I think before '76 the Pigs coming to the US shipped w/ drive flanges...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom