Builds URJ150 Peridot Prado Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This looks amazing! I just noticed you have the T4R roof rails. I literally just did this conversion today.
Best bang for the buck you can find - especially since T4R guys give them away for $50.

I’ve actually been planning on running the niserack.com adapters and cross bars with them. I worked through the measurements with the guy that made them and it looks like they fit the GX roof - no problemo.

This is definitely how they should come from the factory stateside. Bravo for a job well done 👏

Just a heads up. I'll keep this thread going as I progress - but I also setup an IG if you prefer:

URJ150

Couple more odds n ends arrived. Operation BLACKOUT has begun. :ninja:

First step will be the handles, which I nabbed from the 5th Gen 4Runner. They *look* like they will work, gonna report back.

At first I was planning on painting to match - but the finish is a nice texture finish - so I think I'll install as-is. If I get bored with it or don't like it, I can paint em down the line.

I'm also trying to get an appointment with the wrap guy to knock out the window trim and door molding chrome - but this guy is buuuusy apparently.

IMG_0274.JPG

Couple more odds n ends arrived. Operation BLACKOUT has begun. :ninja:

First step will be the handles, which I nabbed from the 5th Gen 4Runner. They *look* like they will work, gonna report back.

At first I was planning on painting to match - but the finish is a nice texture finish - so I think I'll install as-is. If I get bored with it or don't like it, I can paint em down the line.

I'm also trying to get an appointment with the wrap guy to knock out the window trim and door molding chrome - but this guy is buuuusy apparently.

View attachment 2601308

Highly interested in this to temporarily solve my hatred of chrome until I Raptor coat my GX’s.

I did all of my chrome with two 1’ x 5’ 3m matte black rolls off amazon. One $25 roll and a several hours of time would easily do the window chrome. The most time consuming part up front was pulling the door panels and mirrors.

2F863A36-C32A-4952-AAB1-31D1A1F43DDB.jpeg

Highly interested in this to temporarily solve my hatred of chrome until I Raptor coat my GX’s.

That'll be cool! My dad has a black FJ and the roof is done in bedliner (don't recall which brand). 13 years and 275K later - still looks as good as day one.

I did all of my chrome with two 1’ x 5’ 3m matte black rolls off amazon. One $25 roll and a several hours of time would easily do the window chrome. The most time consuming part up front was pulling the door panels and mirrors.

I debated it. The nice thing is; he's mobile, he's cheap and he does good work. I also like supporting guys that are just starting - but looks like he's doing well and doesn't need the charity anymore! :rofl:

Plan B will be doing it myself. I ordered another type of vinyl to play around with in the interior, so I'm not opposed to it. Just lot's on the 'ol to-do list and certain stuff I'd rather use my own time to do.

On a separate note (and I know this might rustle some feathers)...

I gotta fill the holes in the front bumper meant for the Japanese license plate. So I figured, why not a Japanese license plate? Gotta pickup some threaded clips and hardware. But I think it'll work.
IMG_0272.JPG

So great! I'd definitely be interested in a parts/sourcing list whenever you get the time. A group buy seems to make sense to reduce shipping costs. Fantastic build!

So great! I'd definitely be interested in a parts/sourcing list whenever you get the time. A group buy seems to make sense to reduce shipping costs. Fantastic build!
Absolutely! I have a handful of items en route. I want to verify they fit before I start telling people to buy them. :)

As I'm patiently awaiting boxes from overseas... my TPMS sensors finally gave up. :( Well, at least ONE of them did, so if I need to replace them... I’ll continue the trend of blacking everything out!

Also gave the surface rust on the hub a little scuff and spray with bed liner in a can. Managed to get three coats and it turned out better than I expected!

Now I just need to decide if I’m going to toss on these Work Wheels decals. Decisions, decisions...
5A904239-0282-4AD8-B8CF-4DF10463B8C6.jpeg
330F2022-4707-4775-BDC2-39ADB476021E.jpeg
A54B1FDB-3E6D-45F9-AA3D-02C7EE3D566C.jpeg
6E72C960-14EF-44DB-BA7C-FC20F6478388.jpeg

As I'm patiently awaiting boxes from overseas... my TPMS sensors finally gave up. :( Well, at least ONE of them did, so if I need to replace them... I’ll continue the trend of blacking everything out!

Also gave the surface rust on the hub a little scuff and spray with bed liner in a can. Managed to get three coats and it turned out better than I expected!

Now I just need to decide if I’m going to toss on these Work Wheels decals. Decisions, decisions...View attachment 2607399View attachment 2607402View attachment 2607400View attachment 2607401
Vote yes on the Work Wheels decal.

Vote yes on the Work Wheels decal.

Yeah. I’m leaning that way as well.

I got em. Might as well put em on.
If I dont like em. I can take em off.

🙃

Dude this turned out so awesome! I was all excited because I just put those Work wheels on my GX but now seeing yours im pretty envious.

Do you have a link to where you purchased the conversion parts from? (sorry if this has been asked) Also what year is the front end? All the photos I see of Prado 150's look different than your conversion.

Dude this turned out so awesome! I was all excited because I just put those Work wheels on my GX but now seeing yours im pretty envious.

Do you have a link to where you purchased the conversion parts from? (sorry if this has been asked) Also what year is the front end? All the photos I see of Prado 150's look different than your conversion.

Thanks so much! I'm thrilled with the end result, even though I still have a few more parts I'm waiting on.

Those Work S1HCs are killer and the perfect balance between some of the more down market stuff and super high end Volks and whatnot. I'm sure they look awesome on your rig. 🤘

So the Prado 150 actually has actually had THREE different front ends - so your confusion is understandable.

Here's a quick breakdown...

Prado 150 - 2009 Face.jpg

Prado 150 - 2009 Pre-Facelift

Prado 150 - 2013 Facelift.jpg

Prado 150 - First Facelift

Prado 150 - 2018 Facelift.jpg

Prado 150 - Second Facelift

I also snuck in pictures them as the three door models because, why not? 😜

What mine is, is a Prado 150 Second Facelift. Additionally, I added the foglight covers from the new 2020 "Black Pack". Its basically just a black chrome package (think 4Runner Nightshade Edition) with the only truly unique items on it being those foglight covers and blacked out rear tails.

As for buying the kit - I am currently arranging a container shipment to the US and working with another established off road company to offer installs / help with the distribution and marketing.

If you're interested (and if it all works out) they should be here in the states in about two-three months. We'll probably open up some sort of pre-order list and make more formal announcements soon. 🤞

Any updates on the door handle panels? Did they work?

Any updates on the door handle panels? Did they work?

Not yet! I need to set aside time to pull off the interior door panels and I'm considering doing the vinyl wrap on the door molding at the same time. I'm thinking it might be a tad easier to do it when the body molding is off. Or maybe I just leave it off and find temporary plugs for the holes until I can get it welded / painted. 🙃

Check McMaster-Carr for plugs if your local hardware store doesn't have what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom