Builds URJ150 Peridot Prado Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check McMaster-Carr for plugs if your local hardware store doesn't have what you're looking for.

Good call. I love McMasters. I actually have a delivery of bolts coming today.

Does anyone actually know the size of the holes left when removing the door molding? 🤔

When you pull the door molding off, if you have a pair of calipers, use the inside diameter fingers to measure the I.D., unless you have a pin-gauge set. If you don't have calipers, you can get a cheap pair on Amazon for less than $25.00. Just make sure they can measure down to 0.0005".
Amazon product ASIN B08DLQP1T6

When you pull the door molding off, if you have a pair of calipers, use the inside diameter fingers to measure the I.D., unless you have a pin-gauge set. If you don't have calipers, you can get a cheap pair on Amazon for less than $25.00. Just make sure they can measure down to 0.0005".
Amazon product ASIN B08DLQP1T6

Yeah, I have a good set of calipers. Was just hoping to have the grommets ready to go so I don't have to pull the doors apart twice - or drive around with them exposed.

Thinking about it... I guess I could just pop them in from the outside and wouldn't ACTUALLY have to pull them apart again. 🤔

Wow this is amazing. I will be getting a 2013 Lexus GX soon and my first plan is to convert it to a 2014 Prado front end and rear bumper.

Where did you buy your parts from? I want to know what I'll be paying so I can set that money aside now and convert it to a Prado as soon as I get it!

Wow this is amazing. I will be getting a 2013 Lexus GX soon and my first plan is to convert it to a 2014 Prado front end and rear bumper.

Where did you buy your parts from? I want to know what I'll be paying so I can set that money aside now and convert it to a Prado as soon as I get it!

Sorry! Just saw this reply.

Just so you’re aware - this is the 2018+ front end. The 2013-2017 Prado conversion is also doable - but it’s a different set of headlamps. 👍

D72169BA-A65B-4321-B79C-51D862177A66.jpeg

921E49E2-A6E3-4589-B226-B9082254E385.jpeg

17ABA861-D794-49C7-B03D-B3DF1A37ED8C.jpeg

DA664129-F082-4241-A7A6-F8CBB2AADC5E.jpeg

Cleaning up the rear and adding a few Prado specific parts.

Swapped out the modified (read: cut) GX bumper protector for the Prado version. Also installed Prado rear mud flaps since the GX didn’t fit.

While I was back there, I ditched the monster rear hitch and removed the spare tire in preparation for the rear door.

Nice way to shed 150lbs! 👋

Any group buy happening soon?

Yes!

I have the rear door en route. If it indeed fits - I’m going to load up a container of 10 front end conversions and 10 rear doors. Maybe some other stuff like fender flares as well. Gotta see what fits.

That’s all a little ways off... I’m expecting the rear door before May ends - which means I might have the container by... July/August?

If you want one - shoot me a DM and I’ll be sure to keep you posted. I think there are three other guys that sound serious, and I need one for another GX I’m doing here. 👍

Love the color and what you have done so far. Would you tell me which rear emblem you used ? I love the black Toyota emblem.

Thanks !

Love the color and what you have done so far. Would you tell me which rear emblem you used ? I love the black Toyota emblem.

Thanks !
OEM Prado just painted black. 👍

Thank you ! I was looking for a US market badge and they all seemed to be a different size. I'll go Prado.

The details on your rig are excellent. I love looking at and learning from great work !

Thanks again for the great information on your build thread.

Put me down for a rear door and front end kit! This thread has been an absolute pleasure to follow, and it has answered so many of my questions about the process of swapping sheet metal.

I've been planning out my Prado conversion for a year but haven't had the courage to pull the trigger without seeing it done first. And I can't thank you enough for trailblazing the rear door swap. I've been bouncing back and forth between a Dobinson tire carrier and importing a door from Australia. Fingers crossed that it's a direct fit.
20210428_174654.jpg

B85F0A43-394D-4CE4-812F-9C2A7A4C6FC7.jpeg

E1EBE477-FCD3-48D6-8A09-E492D5FA5276.jpeg

6283AE6C-E4AA-4C95-B518-83D8BDD23DEB.jpeg

F52A399B-5E5C-45F3-8B3C-77A28C66C4C0.jpeg

32A50471-FB1C-4275-8C2B-A2F12A772F8E.jpeg

Decided to give a little love to the engine bay today.

I repainted the engine cover to match the wheels and found a Toyota emblem that was a perfect replacement for the ‘L’. Ended up going with bedliner textured black on the emblem and drilled a couple holes so the emblem popped into place. I can’t believe it covered all the holes left over from the ‘L’.

Oh. A few TRD goodies never hurt either. 🤙

Just a few more Lexus badges / L’s to hunt down. 🙃

Last edited:
Put me down for a rear door and front end kit! This thread has been an absolute pleasure to follow, and it has answered so many of my questions about the process of swapping sheet metal.

I've been planning out my Prado conversion for a year but haven't had the courage to pull the trigger without seeing it done first. And I can't thank you enough for trailblazing the rear door swap. I've been bouncing back and forth between a Dobinson tire carrier and importing a door from Australia. Fingers crossed that it's a direct fit.
Sorry! Just saw this.

My pleasure! It's been fun trying to figure things out (and I have a few more to go) - but it's really straight forward for the most part.

Rear door is a bit delayed as the ports are backed up. But I'm sure it'll get here sooner or later. From everything I've been researching and bugging Aussies about - I'm feeling pretty good about it. 🤞

Gangster.

You can do Jaos parts now:

...but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 5th wheel rear door. The same supplier has a "OEM" 5th wheel rear door kit - and if the quality is on par with the rest of their stuff - should be nice. It takes about 45 days to arrive, so I'm thinking I will order now so in a couple months I can dive back in. The body shop has been great - but I know they're sick of working on this truck and looking at my face. ;)
This is great...I would be very interested in a rear door that can carry a spare tire.

E3E3E826-C958-49D9-BC34-8987AEB392C6.jpeg
71C945FC-8EDE-4C27-BD00-4D4321FCADF4.jpeg
234C7738-920D-4D52-ADDA-FF27E524F5E6.jpeg
5FB79FEB-C301-4CEB-BDE5-2EDFAA879154.jpeg
3477106B-EA1B-41FC-9B92-59C404EE46C5.jpeg

Operation Blackout is a success. No more chrome is a glorious thing. Even made me reconsider deleting the door trim altogether. 🤔

Ended up going with vinyl wrap instead of swapping handles. I just don’t have the time to pull off the interior door trim - plus there was a question of maintaining the auto-unlock with the 4Runner handles. Who knows, maybe I’ll give it a shot down the line.

In other news - the 5th Wheel Rear Door arrived and the #Gamiviti roof rack is due at the power coater later this month. I also have StopTech rotors/pads/lines/fluid en route.

This summer should be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom