TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Levers for days!!

Awesome.

I will build a skidplate, yes. Right now I'm out of time, so I won't have it for Logan's run, but I do plan to make one.

205s are strong, but not break a rock with it strong.
Did anyone else just get chills? :popcorn:

So i felt as i was to prepared for Logan's Run with the cruiser so i decided to start a last minute project on it, ARB fridge slide out. We planned on doing this last year before Logan's Run but we didn't really have a plan so that fell through so we just temporary used ARB straps to the floor. Well a year later me and my dad finally came up with somewhat of a game plan, but with him not being able to help with his shoulder and only his ideas and having to put it together is very interesting, So i'm kinda going into this blind. So far its going good and coming together but in my opinion it could be better... Tomorrow hopefully will have it finshed, but you all know how that goes when i say that:)

IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

So i felt as i was to prepared for Logan's Run with the cruiser so i decided to start a last minute project on it, ARB fridge slide out. We planned on doing this last year before Logan's Run but we didn't really have a plan so that fell through so we just temporary used ARB straps to the floor. Well a year later me and my dad finally came up with somewhat of a game plan, but with him not being able to help with his shoulder and only his ideas and having to put it together is very interesting, So i'm kinda going into this blind. So far its going good and coming together but in my opinion it could be better... Tomorrow hopefully will have it finshed, but you all know how that goes when i say that:)

Badass! Why does it tilt down?

Ready to be joined in the AM and then new clutch/pressure plate/pilot bearing/throw out bearing...then start putting the truck back together. f*** I have a lot of work left...

You'll get it done! You still need that piece of tubing?

Badass! Why does it tilt down?

For easier accessibility to get into the fridge, so you can pull it out and tilt it down to sit on the tailgate to get into the fridge. Going to put a strut on the back to make it easier for putting it back into the truck

For easier accessibility to get into the fridge, so you can pull it out and tilt it down to sit on the tailgate to get into the fridge. Going to put a strut on the back to make it easier for putting it back into the truck

Very cool and looks great!!

And guessing cheaper than one of these LOL:

Drop Down Fridge Buddy

I did nothing so exciting as others. Pulled into Brevard Friday evening for a bluegrass festival and heard that horrible grumbling from the front that indicates metal on metal from the front...

Auto Zone was the only place that could have pads for the 77 by Saturday AM.

Picked up the pads and a few tools and tore into it. Found the outer pads pretty well toasted
96D8CB4F-6386-4C3D-B66B-1DAF234B020B.jpeg

Rotors were amazingly OK. Inner pads had 1-2mm left (thank God). Turns out the AZ pads were 4 outer pads. The inner pad has a slightly different shape. So I’m sporting new oysters and the minimally effective inners. And I’ll grind the other two to shape this week.

Basic but fiddly and time consuming crap: Replaced the small, no fan, poorly placed behind the cowl, transmission cooler with a higher up, larger, thermostatic fan cooled one. Took a lot of trimming on the grill to get it to fit. Had an old throw away grill to use, so it got a fresh coat of black metallic along with the headlight surrounds.

I ended up wiring it without the ignition so it’s gonna keep blowing until the radiator is below 145, regardless of the key position.

1656A8D2-5ADA-4465-9173-B4C7E53412F4.jpeg
FB0C1013-8A19-4D98-AC38-02D8C4011E29.jpeg
AD6B8D74-38BC-41A4-A84B-69F91DF69B3A.jpeg
013ACE56-D04A-476E-B096-24AE98C4D9C4.jpeg

Down to the wire now. Moonshine got a new exhaust and new fuel lines today. Was able to snake around the larger transfercase, and two crossmembers, and still keep the exhaust above the frame rail, inside the frame. Super stoked.

On another note, finally rid of the aluminum fuel lines, but damn, steel fuel lines are tough to work with.

IMG_20180909_142139.jpg
IMG_20180909_141939.jpg

Got it all finished up today, just gotta add a lock for the slider so it doesn't slide out when driving.
IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0136.jpg

Got it all finished up today, just gotta add a lock for the slider so it doesn't slide out when driving.

Can't wait to check that out later this week! Looks badass!

Transmission and transfer case in! Plasma cut and drilled a plate mount for the beginnings of a crossmember.

Bad ass man!! Ready for a trip up Daniel? :grinpimp:

But also finished some other lose ends on the 55. Choke cable. Intake to carb boot fab. Wonky Ignition circuit workaround and a first test drive woot woot :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom