Events/Trails Trip Report, NMBDR Part 2: May 22-27, 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok folks, I've come up with a date that will hopefully work with the attendees for the continuation of NMBDR. I wanted to take advantage of the Memorial day holiday on 5/27/19 and having an extra day to explore.

Leave after work on 5/22/19, Wed, and meetup at the Beaverhead work center area. The campsite is located here
33°26'21.8"N 107°54'05.9"W. The drive to this location from ABQ is approx 3.5 - 4 hours.

We can see how far we get on this trail until Monday when I'll need to head back home. I imagine there will be some surprises due to the winter and may have to do some trail clearing along the way. We might run into folks camping out there for the holiday I'd venture to guess.

Confimed:

Larry
Ali, Jessica
Juan - still kinda wishy washy :lol:
Raptor Chris
Frank

Last edited:
Haven't been on here much, just noticed this trip. Wish I could have made it. I have done the Dell City area and Brokeoff Mts a lot for work, Brokeoff Mts are one of my favorite places here in NM. Pappy - plants are pretty awesome there, probably the highest cacti diversity in NM and Dermatophyllum guadalupense is there as well. Maybe next time I will try to join up.

Hey @alia176, do you want to modify the poll with dates? I can't do June 15-25.

Ok folks, I've come up with a date that will hopefully work with the attendees for the continuation of NMBDR. I wanted to take advantage of the Memorial day holiday on 5/27/19 and having an extra day to explore.

Leave after work on 5/22/19, Wed, and meetup at the Beaverhead work center area. The campsite is located here
33°26'21.8"N 107°54'05.9"W. The drive to this location from ABQ is approx 3.5 - 4 hours.

We can see how far we get on this trail until Monday when I'll need to head back home. I imagine there will be some surprises due to the winter and may have to do some trail clearing along the way. We might run into folks camping out there for the holiday I'd venture to guess.

Let me know if this schedule works for y'all.

@pappy - I'm unable to delete the poll dates but maybe you can? Thx.

Last edited:

Let me know if this schedule works for y'all.

@pappy - I'm unable to delete the poll dates but maybe you can? Thx.
Ash, you may want to start a new thread for this one and maybe put a link back to this one.

good idea, thanks.

This should be a fun way to beat the crowds on Memorial Day. I'm curious to see how far north you all get.

I'll be near the north end of the route that weekend enjoying the first long weekend in CO.

Awesome Juan, looking fwd to it. I have a lot of prep work to do on the 80, all in the name of "storage and packing" efficiency. It's a hobby of mine, apparently :bang:

I’d love to meet up where Sl33p3 and I stopped...basically at highway 60 by AZ boarder. Wonder 1) if I can swing it with the boss 2) if we could time that

I’d love to meet up where Sl33p3 and I stopped...basically at highway 60 by AZ boarder. Wonder 1) if I can swing it with the boss 2) if we could time that

All things are possible if you simply shirk your responsibilities :rofl:

When you post this stuff online and in public, anyone can just show up! Looks like I'm crashing your cruiser party again.

I got the all-clear on both work and home fronts! Looking forward to seeing this crew again.

Yippeee!!!

Update... some work stuff came up and I don't think I'm going to make it. If things change I'll let you know but you guys have fun! If anything I may be able to meet you Friday not sure it would work though.

What? You prioritized work over wheeling? Man, we need to talk..... :flipoff2:

If you can meet us on Friday, I bet we can make it happen since all we do is go from Walmart to Walmart from what it appears. We'll just meet you at our Saturday morning Walmart stop :bang:

Good idea Larry, please bring it if you have the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom