Events/Trails Trip Report, NMBDR Part 2: May 22-27, 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Summary

This was a fun trip and requires no lifts or aggressive tires. There are plenty of refueling stops along the way and you can make your days as long as you want. We saw quite a bit of NM and some parts of AZ by veering on/off the NMBDR trail. We also had great weather during the entire trip for which I'm very appreciative.

Part III of this trip will start at Youngsville, NM in the near future. I bet we can finish it off in one weekend if we start Fri night after work.

Total miles door to door - 989 miles
Fuel cost - $230
Avg speed - 8 mph:rofl:

Thanks for sharing some pictures. You guys are definitely into "glamping"... the coffee shops, margaritas, wal-marts, etc would be culture shock for me. I'll have to keep this in mind if/when I consider joining future trips.

I'm glad your photos of the hot springs didn't include any naked hippies.

Thanks for sharing some pictures. You guys are definitely into "glamping"... the coffee shops, margaritas, wal-marts, etc would be culture shock for me. I'll have to keep this in mind if/when I consider joining future trips.

Yeah, we may not be your cup of tea :hillbilly: We left backpacking mindset couple of decades ago and now carry the kitchen sink with us, it appears.
I'm glad your photos of the hot springs didn't include any naked hippies.

Wait, are you calling me a hippie?

Yeah, we may not be your cup of tea :hillbilly: We left backpacking mindset couple of decades ago and now carry the kitchen sink with us, it appears.

Wait, are you calling me a hippie?
If you had included photos of yourself naked in the hot spring then I may have.

Yeah, we may not be your cup of tea. We left backpacking mindset couple of decades ago and now carry the kitchen sink with us, it appears.

You guys have afternoon tea, too??? I'm far from the backpacking mindset... unless I happen to be backpacking... I travel with three ladies, you know? But I'm definitely still of the hotdogs and beer mindset around the campfire. I might get fancy and make a rum and coke, or steak & beans on the coals.

Your extravagances wouldn't bother me, they'd just provide me with a few laughs.

You guys have afternoon tea, too??? I'm far from the backpacking mindset... unless I happen to be backpacking... I travel with three ladies, you know? But I'm definitely still of the hotdogs and beer mindset around the campfire. I might get fancy and make a rum and coke, or steak & beans on the coals.

Your extravagances wouldn't bother me, they'd just provide me with a few laughs.

Whoa there Mr. what's with this glamping deal - rum AND coke? Easy does it now :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom