Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

J,

I know your working on something similar to this. This was sold to the company I work for. Mint condition with 40K original miles. I
20190911_163557.jpg
20190911_163612.jpg
20190911_163723.jpg
20190911_163705.jpg
20190911_163632.jpg

Jason, what will be the benefit of the new R U/LCAs vs the ones you've had on your site before? These parts are on my list within the next 6 months or so, just putting it together.

Any word on when the late model fuse panels might happen? Any members near Trail Tailor wanna donate their truck so this man can mock up the design?

Jason, do you ever plan on doing a run of front and/or rear UCAs with height sensor brackets for rigs still running AHC?

No. I've played with it a bit and redesigned the bracket, but the request too limited. Your the second person to ask since I've been making them.

Jason, what will be the benefit of the new R U/LCAs vs the ones you've had on your site before? These parts are on my list within the next 6 months or so, just putting it together.

Turnbuckle uppers are the same style, just a stronger material and tested to 2-3X of the failure rate to stock arms (stress, load and shear). I have over 1300 pieces in operation now for one of my military contractors that have a smaller O.D. and 8" longer on a unit that weighs about twice what a 80/100 cruiser weighs. No welding on the new upper arm bodies.

I still make the exact lowers, but about to make a change on one end for production ease purposes.

Aluminum lowers are lighter, stronger, replaceable sacrificial skid strip and basically the cool factor for the guys that want to spend a little more over my standard lower arm offering.

With my injury it's made me think about my age and future a little more. I'm getting things to where there is minimal handling/welding etc.. from start to finish. Making changes to offerings so I can simply put in a box and ship. It takes less space up and I can stock completed units on the shelves. But at the same time be as strong, if not stronger than offerings I've had in the field for years already.

J

I'm trying to install this right now. Is the bolt hole closest to the fuse box the screw where the grounding wire is attached? Will the being aluminum have any effect on the ground?

Ground is to the body not to bracket. You can simply move the ground eye to the next bolt over.

Last edited:
An update on my health and back. Posted from my 100 build thread.

I'm feeling better and getting around to swinging 60# slider rails again pretty comfortably. I just ordered enough materials for 25 sets of 100 sliders and that will be the true test for me physically. If I can make it through that build set I'll be getting back to bumpers again.

We just rented another 2000 sq ft of shop space in our complex and TT will be morphing again. It's an everchanging monster.

We looked at moving completely out of state again, but decided to just buy a "R & R" home elsewhere instead. I plan to take more time off and work on more complex builds and parts moving into the future. Trying to get away from the rat race part slinging gig, it's becoming more cut-throat and has become who is the loudest salesperson that can slam another company. I let my customers sell my products by word of mouth and actual real time experiences. I've always answered technical questions and custom build specs on a one on one basis so the customer gets exactly what they need/want, not what a MFG thinks a mass shotgun solution might be for a product/customer base... It truly is an unappreciated endeavor.

**********Also we will no longer supply "wholesale" pricing and quantities to other companies. So starting Nov 1st these parts will be LOWERED to the price I was selling to the resellers and passing the discounts on to our customers. For the 100 offerings this will be for diff drops, RLCAs, RUCAs, RLCA skids, misc Tough Dog suspension components and sliders*************

BUT 100 and 200 Series UCAs will be increasing slightly due to a price increase from Currie.

Jason

SAS parts design coming together.

J

Panhard and Frame Support Bracket

1569636391077.png

Rear Radius Arm Frame Bracket

1569646130917.png

Front Coil Bucket and Shock Tower

1569734169122.png

Front Axle Radius Arm Bracket

1570599139239.png

Custom Housing (still in development with my supplier, axles and birfs will be CrMo 4340 for this kit)

1570598378714.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom