Toyota Tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...across the whole website, or just some specific places?

All over the place. Whatever the reason, I'm just thankful for the incredible information that he shared while it was available, and really really hope it comes back. I never thought to download text, but did grab a few images. Here, in tribute is I think his early large tool roll, (~'63-'64?) identifiable by the earlier offset canvas loops #3 and #4. As the one piece lug wrench became standard, those top loops were level. The hammer is OH and has a symbol larger than seen today.
P1010401.JPG

The pliers say MPAT on one side, and have dimpled handles. The 250 mm adjustible wrench had for just a couple years "Made in Japan" on the reverse. Screwdrivers were stamped "Toyota Motor Japan" on their shanks. The grease gun had a TEQ symbol on it. This is all from memory, so mistakes are likely. Bill, come back! We need you!

i find it interesting that so far everything has been Edited or " wiped clean " on Jan 1, 2019 New Years Day ?

Most likely ... took offense to people using his hard work and not giving credit ... or was an AH toward him ... usually happens in Chat :meh:

People do not realize people have feelings and... all people arent an AH like themselves

Life gets people down and you don’t want to be that low for long ... I had been going through (and still am) a life low point ... stepped away from mud for several months

It’s hard waiding through Life let alone life and Mud

It is work to be here in Mud ... ever try to give direction while walking deep in Mud? It’s not easy lol

If you see this Bill and would like to talk Mud ... I emailed ya

Last edited:
Man, bummer... I often come to this thread for reference information. So well researched and meticulously assembled. Hope Bill is okay. Easily one of my top 10 threads on MUD.

Honger and Hellokitty65 (from a few posts ago), agreed. Bill's tool threads were invaluable, and the professionalism and consideration given to me in every conversation I've had with him is genuine. Other members I've messaged have said the exact same when we talk tools. I've referred to his posts often and even started the Vintage Toyota Tool thread as a follow-up to his tool threads, hopefully giving the credit he darn well deserves.

Johnnyc, life is an uphill climb. Some parts are a little steeper than others. Don't break stride though, because the higher you get, the better the view when you turn and look back down.

Last edited:
Large Tool Roll - Nepros - KTC - OEM

Lots of possibilities for a large canvas tool roll without the tools:
. . .
The 2-piece lug wrench in these early kits fit 23mm lug nuts. KTC has a 2-piece lug wrench that fits 23mm and 21mm lug nuts, which will cover both early and later Land Cruisers.
24158-1384187400-c3f371940ed98231d56bc0a7cef5f30f.jpg

I know I am a little late to this party, but does anyone know where to buy the KTC lug wrench (23 and 21 MM)? I can't find it anywhere, even places that sell KTC tools online.

Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone have an explanation for these two?

Edit:

Found another one

Last edited:
Thanks to Hello Kitty I'm in the market for a large tool roll Does any one know where to find one?

Delete Plate

For vehicles without radios, the radio delete plate covered the dash cutout. The early radio delete plate appears on pages 3 and 5 of the early 1975 Land Cruiser brochure, and on page 5 of the later 1975 brochure.

The parts catalog identifies two versions:
  • 7209-8209 Cover, Radio Tuner Opening 55461-90351
  • 8210-8309 Cover, Radio Tuner Opening 55522-90800
Original and/or reproductions of the “T” delete plate are readily available. The 1983 version appears to be extremely rare.

The raised surfaces were highlighted on early (1973-76) delete plates. (ElHefe)
full

Highlighting was discontinued in 1977. (shmukster)
full

The updated dash in 1983 got an updated radio delete plate as well. (win912)
full
Not sure if you are still around @wscbill but thank you for the incredible level of detail! Have a question to you or anyone else if I may: do you know which delete plate was used in the late models HJ47s (1983/4)? While you mention above that the 1983 delete plates are very rare I am wondering if they were ever used in 40 series or only in the 60 series? Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Toyota Grease Pumps

28567-1416676456-2484acc86664eb3ffd540228ce99f41e.jpg

The small grease pump (09170-00030) replaced the larger version. This pump has a gold finish and uses an 80g or 85ml cartridge (or manual fill). Instead of a plunger handle/rod, it has a ring/chain. This pump is marked YAMADA on the edge of the head, YAMADA MADE IN JAPAN on the side of the lever, and has a TOYOTA MOTOR decal on the side of the barrel. The decal has a gold border, with gold letters on a red background. Like the larger pump, a straight nozzle and a bent nozzle with chuck were supplied. Later versions of this pump no longer came with the TOYOTA MOTOR decal.

This early Yamada KH-120 has the same dimensions as the small OEM pump, but uses a rod/handle plunger. The current Yamada KH-120 (see below), which is similar to the small OEM pump, also uses the ring/chain.
28572-1416676616-bd57e03a5803aa0a4c4ed2bc9d58377d.jpg

Summarizing the OEM grease pumps.
28576-1416676655-926a8de56f28b73e5ff8a74cd57ec66d.jpg

The small grease gun takes a bellows cartridge (80g or 85ml) or it can be hand filled. Yamada includes these written instructions.
View attachment 1175069

Yamada also provides this diagram for manual fill.
View attachment 1175072

Another alternative is the KTC G-100, pictured here with the current Yamada KH-120. (73FJ40).
View attachment 1175067

Am I missing something or a cartridge does not fit the small Toyota grease pump / the Yamada KH-120 ?
The 85g cartridge is too long for the available length inside the pump tube and the plunger is too wide to fit inside the cartridge :/
1616792302580.png

1616792357168.png

Am I missing something or a cartridge does not fit the small Toyota grease pump / the Yamada KH-120 ?
The 85g cartridge is too long for the available length inside the pump tube and the plunger is too wide to fit inside the cartridge :/
View attachment 2627064

View attachment 2627065

The Yamada instructions show a collapsible style cartridge. Some for sale on eBay now (no affiliation), search "Yamada KH-120 Grease"
KH120p1.jpg

KH120p2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Oh thanks I was missing something !
The design of these cartridge seems quite interesting to avoid mess.

I think it would be worth mentioning in the original post that it's not using a standard cartridge.

I found the seller you mention on Ebay, actually that's the only seller I found on Internet for those Yamada MMG-80 cartridges. On Ebay he listed his posting for shipping to the US only (I can't even see it if I am in EU version of Ebay) and even if it would ship to the EU, international USPS rates are quite high compared to the value of grease... 36$ if 2 or 3 cartridge could fit in a double DVD bow, 72$ otherwise for a medium box....
Really bad to not be able to obtain this regular maintenance product in the EU :/

Actually I found that crazy, I can still find a modern Yamada KH-120 in a lot of places and shops but the cartridges that it uses are almost extinct.

@flx

Maybe the bellows type cartridges are a standard?

Try this website in the UK:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom