Toyota OEM Spring Options and Specifications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

Has anyone compiled part numbers for OEM (including overseas) front and rear springs? I come from the solid axle Land Rover world where huge varieties of OEM springs are available based on market and configuration. This includes different lengths, spring rates, and styles (linear vs progressive).

I imagine the 200 series, especially given its different configurations world wide, has a variety of options direct from Toyota. These parts could serve as a OEM+ suspension upgrade (better load carrying behavior, potentially slight lift) kit for non-AHC 200 series owners.

*Disclaimer* I have a sick fascination with OEM+ builds and realize the aftermarket likely presents similar (and potentially less expensive) options. This is more an exercise in curiosity and a discussion of potential parts for a future build. I also like the idea of a no lift kit which offers OEM behavior/geometry with increased spring rates for load carrying.

Not that I know of, but it wouldn’t be hard to put together and could offer some room to improve for people with extra weight but more mild suspension goals. Whether the heavier front springs as in a 4.5TD 200 are available domestically is another question.

The problem would be being limited by the stock or stock format dampers. We can add about an inch of down travel with the OE front spacer but good aftermarket shocks bring this to over two inches.

Most people doing serious builds move on to king, ARB BP-51s, or other dampers with larger pistons and remote reservoirs to better deal with the increased heat of controlling body movement both from the extra mass and harsher driving conditions. Usually these shocks require different spring dimensions than stock..

There are quite a few different rear spring numbers for the 200-series. I found a note on one of the aftermarket coils manufacturers that the stated .75" lift may be more for U.S. trucks based on different spring rates. That's what sent me looking. Partsouq is a great reference if you want to see what is possible.

GNZVKA (North America?) has the 4823160E50 (URJ200 Urban Style/TRD Package), and 4823160A20
GNTEKV (GCC) has 48223160F60, 4822316F50, and 48223160F40 (Spare Carrier Under Frame & Back Door Frame)

The right combo for the "OEM lift" would probably be a rear spring combo for diesel variants with the factory tire swing out and third row...if such a thing exists.

On the above numbers.. note that Toyota generally has different numbers for left and right springs on a given truck. So any list like what is being discussed needs to be pretty detailed to be useful.

On the above numbers.. note that Toyota generally has different numbers for left and right springs on a given truck. So any list like what is being discussed needs to be pretty detailed to be useful.
The numbers above are single side only to demonstrate that there are quite a few options to choose from. As you know, when applying parts from different platforms require quite a bit of diligence. Anyone willing to travel this path should do their own information crosswalk instead of trusting some random dudes on the internet.

Any other AHC gurus know if there was a diesel + AHC trim available? I’d love factory updated springs for my LX. If I recall the V8 diesel is much heavier than the 3UR.
I went to Partsouq and filtered by VDJ200s and selected the GCMNZV platform (left list) and found a parts diagram for AHC for the front coils. You can see that here. Looks like there is even a part number for diesel and factory winch for AHC! URJ201 on the right.

-Random Dude on the Internet

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 11.35.52 AM.png

Last edited:
I went to Partsouq and filtered by VDJ200s and selected the GCMNZV platform (left list) and found a parts diagram for AHC for the front coils. You can see that here. Looks like there is even a part number for diesel and factory winch for AHC! URJ202 on the right.

View attachment 3517460
This is the sort of information I want to compile and it makes complete sense. There may even be other strut/shock options for 200 series as well. Land Rover offered different springs when winch equipped models released.

Now we just need a friend overseas who is willing to measure the free length, number of coils, diameter of the coils, and then take pictures.

I went to Partsouq and filtered by VDJ200s and selected the GCMNZV platform (left list) and found a parts diagram for AHC for the front coils. You can see that here. Looks like there is even a part number for diesel and factory winch for AHC! URJ202 on the right.

View attachment 3517460

Alright who’s gonna try it first

1703616846889.png

View attachment 3517478
While I don’t have AHC, I am more than tempted to have a go at the factory struts for the 1VD w/ winch and the setup for the “9-seater” models if I can make heads or tails from the shock options.

While I don’t have AHC, I am more than tempted to have a go at the factory struts for the 1VD w/ winch and the setup for the “9-seater” models if I can make heads or tails from the shock options.
Do it! Then make sure you capture those specifications I mentioned previously so we can derive a spring rate.

I assume you can buy the non-AHC diesel 9 seater with winch front strut/spring and rear spring/shock combo.

View attachment 3517478
I can’t find any part numbers in stock for rear springs for 8-seater trucks with spare and sub tank.

As a data point, the 1VD-FTV estimated weight is between 320-360kg. The 3UR-FE is estimated at 222kg. Some of the part diagrams for the 1VD and electric winch equipped trucks show a spacer with part number 4313660020.

1703727906711.jpeg

Not OEM but for future googler reference:

Aftermarket rear coil spring intel -

Dobinsons C59-545 coils. Rate not published but F'n stiff - Like up armor stiff or sprung for a ISIS VBIED payload headed to Syria. Had to use spring compressors to get them off the truck... They claim a 4" lift on OEM load and I believe it- she sat full stink bug.
Right rear 24" hub center to fender, 50cm free length, wire size 0.750" dia over the powder coat
Left rear 23" hub Cl to fender, 48cm free length, 0.745" wire dia over the powder coat

Bilstein B12 special PN 53-292018 coils, Advertised rate 177 lb/in (170 is OEM so call it same/same), advertised lift +1.75" on OEM rear axle weight - rides like a lazy boy and not topped out like the Dobinsons infinite rate pogo's above... Wash boards are far better- who'd have thought that you'd spring for weight and valve for speed? Sits level to Dobinsons C59-542 front coils ( 50mm-2") lift coil 0-110lbs payload with an aluminum front bumper.
Both springs are basically same free length/wire size
Measured 21"/21.5 at the fenders from hub CL, 0.675"/.668" wire dia over the powder coat, Free length 48.5/48 cm (made in US, 200$ on Amazon).

Shocks are dobinsons yellow tube smoothy's (GS59-688 & GS59-682)

Which part number did you go with? Can you measure the free standing (unladen, standing on the floor) height, diameter of the metal coil, and number of coils? I prefer metric units.

Those look like linear springs to me!
They do appear linear.

I went with front coils 4813160D60 with show application on VDJ platforms with electric winch mounted on part number 4851060150.

Rear shock part number is 4835060390. All of the rear coil part numbers for trucks with sub-tanks and rear door spare carrier frames were sold out.

The front coil wire diameter measures 17.45mm on the middle wrap. Overall coil diameter is 122.5mm at the top wrap and 124.5 at the middle wrap.

Its free height is 420mm. Mounted height is 381mm. If I do end up mounting, I will do the maths to help determine spring rate.

I’m not 100% convinced with going full speed ahead because I don’t want to return to the “boaty” feeling common with the factory setup, but I shouldn’t have that problem regardless unless the shocks are too soft.

My plan is to swap the BP51 on the back with the OEM to see if the setup will be tolerable for me. If suitable, I’ll replace the front end setup as well.

At that point, if the front sits lower, then I will replace my OME2721 with the OME 2720. They have the same spring rates. The 2720s are about 30mm shorter and are rated for “0” lift on foreign trucks which *should* even it all back out.

Yeah. My logic is quite flawed, but I’m having fun. :meh:

I’m not 100% convinced with going full speed ahead because I don’t want to return to the “boaty” feeling common with the factory setup, but I shouldn’t have that problem regardless unless the shocks are too soft.

My plan is to swap the BP51 on the back with the OEM to see if the setup will be tolerable for me. If suitable, I’ll replace the front end setup as well.
After my favorite “Costco to school pick-up to beer run”-loop, 4835060390 appear up to the task of supporting a Slee rear, oversized spare, Budbuilt fuel tank skid, ARB drawer w/ tools and recovery gear.

For those of you not tracking the minutiae of my journey, I ran OME2721 w/ Kings and they were not up to the task, so it wasn’t the springs unable to support the weight.

There are two notable changes: airbags that I’m running 3psi with no camper and KDSS delete. That said, coming off the same speed tables I have for the last…almost 5…years, the Toyota shocks perform better than the “off-the-shelf” valved Kings (w/compression maxed) I had…which makes me want to hurl expletives and wrenches.

MTF…

Last edited:
They do appear linear.

I went with front coils 4813160D60 with show application on VDJ platforms with electric winch mounted on part number 4851060150.

The front coil wire diameter measures 17.45mm on the middle wrap. Overall coil diameter is 122.5mm at the top wrap and 124.5 at the middle wrap.
Compressed height of the coil is 327mm. Current hub to fender measurement is 20.25" in the left hand side with the 10mm spacer Part Number 4313660020. I'll hit the scales tomorrow to make the calculations.

Last edited:
Interested to see the results of these HD OEM springs- particularly where the ride height ends up. I have lost about 1" of front ride height from factory because of winch, bumper, supercharger and dual battery adds. Probably 280lbs all told forward of the firewall. I could just add the Toyota spacer or go with a front Bilstein setup to recover the sag but seems like either option would keep the spring rate lower than optimal.

Question- Did you get 2x of the 4813160D60? That part number shows as RH with diesel/winch but LH without winch....there is a different part 4813160F00 listed on souq for LH with winch but that part seems unavailable.

Last edited:
Interested to see the results of these HD OEM springs- particularly where the ride height ends up. I have lost about 1" of front ride height from factory because of winch, bumper, supercharger and dual battery adds. Probably 280lbs all told forward of the firewall. I could just add the Toyota spacer or go with a front Bilstein setup to recover the sag but seems like either option would keep the spring rate lower than optimal.

Question- Did you get 2x of the 4813160D60? That part number shows as RH with diesel/winch but LH without winch....there is a different part 4813160F00 listed on souq for LH with winch but that part seems unavailable.
I used two of the 4813160D60 coils. Everything went in as it should and performs as it should. With the 10mm spacer the truck has settled at 20 inches hub-to-fender.

I did the math on the weight, and I arrived at 450ft/lbs for spring rate. I don’t believe that to be accurate. I believe it still to be 500ft/lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom