Toyota Dealer March 2022 Major Discounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that if a pending hold on paypal or CC drops after 14 days, and you know you're not going to have or ship the order with in that time frame, then you ought to let the purchaser know when the incoming items arrive, be it weeks or months later, that you need another authorization.

That's what I told Eric in my communication with him.

In Mr. Paul's instance he was notified, as he wrote.
So I assumed he learned. Not just as a result of one email, but as a result of this whole- swamping a dealer because of a post thing.
Good for him, good for us.

Its my understanding that the orders dropping off are a result of Toyota's order system- not specifically the fault of the dealer. The Toyota order system only shows max 200 separate orders at one time- anything more and they don't show on the screen. Toyota never expected that a dealer would have more than 200 orders at any given time.

Im not covering for the dealer but understanding they were not prepared for the volume of orders, overwhelmed and I think there are some factors out of their control. I dont think they will be a participating dealer in the next sale should one occur. The fact that other dealers shipped faster might indicate that they didn't have the volume of orders Serra did. Seems like most of the posts on Mud- 100 series, 200 series, FJ, 120/150 forums targeted Serra as the place that members were buying from.

Recieved everything earlier this week, just had a chance to check the axle and the outer joint’s splines has some light spots of rust, the teeth look good to me. I have some pictures I attached below if anyone can confirm this is not some reman unit or has any issues that would be helpful, just want to be sure as my last axle didn’t look like that.
39848A34-AAC6-49D3-8B1B-88609FF91354.jpeg

26B78FDF-46C9-4003-9582-1CA66D91F1AC.jpeg

E5FA59F7-4CFD-40EA-A8AC-0C4F3DDC90C9.jpeg

4A9B6AEE-0594-4EEE-8C0A-0D654CE4F927.jpeg

I got antsy and decided to reach out. Sent Eric an email about my order placed on 3/17 (8 weeks and a few days ago) that I am still waiting on. Hope to hear back soon-ish. Would like to get these items before my cross country trip in 4 weeks....

Recieved everything earlier this week, just had a chance to check the axle and the outer joint’s splines has some light spots of rust, the teeth look good to me. I have some pictures I attached below if anyone can confirm this is not some reman unit or has any issues that would be helpful, just want to be sure as my last axle didn’t look like that.View attachment 3010615

View attachment 3010616

View attachment 3010617

View attachment 3010618
Not a reman- blue paint dot and yellow clamp is OEM.

Hopefully these 25% off sales continue to happen. I know many of you all used the Decatur store. I used Marrietta and got 2 batches of parts a few weeks after placing my order ~$2k worth of parts for my 260k mile 2006 LX - timing belt parts, cooling system parts, brake and hub parts, suspension refurb parts...

I hope this happens again, I need more parts - I want lower suspension arms and the No2 bushing for the lower control arm, maybe new front upper arms even unless I decide to try Light Racing or Total Chaos arms.

So...try to be understanding so we can keep these 25% off sales coming!

BTW - when is the next one!?! CV axles too!

The Toyota dealership network should give us Mudders a forever discount, for being so loyal to the brand, and running free ads on the road for all their cruiser models :cigar: as many of us spend >$10k on aftermarket parts to make the cruisers PR-worthy...

This will actually save them much headache from sporadic deals like this recent one. :D

Last edited:
Hi All, this is my first post, but I've been a long-time lurker/student. I have an 06 LC that I am in the process of baselining for a longer trip this summer. PO did a lot of amazing work, so I've been collecting parts for the past 6 months as nothing is necessarily broken. I've had some things done at OK4WD in NJ, and have done some one/two banana jobs myself. Learned so much from this forum, and it helped me figure out many puzzles. I also have things to contribute to various threads once the school year ends.

I had two orders from Decatur. One came in, all perfect, in a month. In my second order, I purchased a radiator, which has been delayed since mid March. I followed up as my local independent mechanic is going to do all the things at once with all of my parts, but needs time to get it all done before I leave for New England and NE Canada in a month's time.

Reached out to Eric and just heard back today from an assistant saying they cannot ship the radiator safely, and they need to cancel/refund me for my purchase. This is a huge bummer but it doesn't check out. I feel like I read in this thread that some of you purchased radiators in this sale. Seems like they don't want to send it regardless, and I know there were very few late model 100 series radiators in the US over the past few months due to shipping delays.

Any advice? Have other's radiator orders been canceled in the past week or so? I know I've read of dealerships sending radiators on this forum in various threads (with a risk of damage)

I'd love to swap out the radiator while we are in there for all the work that's about to be done. The price was too tempting not to. However, I don't really want to shell out 700-800 for a new OEM when it doesn't necessarily need to be replaced immediately. But after all the reading I've done, I'd want an OEM rad over anything else. In your experiences, any chance a local dealer would consider matching it (or at least the dealer discount)? Guess it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks for everything in advance.

Purchasing radiators mail order is a huge gamble- the must be repacked extensively to withstand ground shipping - that’s a lot of extra work and cost. Most dealers won’t ship those anymore because of high percentage of damage claims.

Buy locally- inspect before taking home is the best solution for any radiator purchase where you want to avoid damage.

Purchasing radiators mail order is a huge gamble- the must be repacked extensively to withstand ground shipping - that’s a lot of extra work and cost. Most dealers won’t ship those anymore because of high percentage of damage claims.

Buy locally- inspect before taking home is the best solution for any radiator purchase where you want to avoid damage.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I'll go local.

Reached out to Eric and just heard back today from an assistant saying they cannot ship the radiator safely, and they need to cancel/refund me for my purchase. This is a huge bummer but it doesn't check out. I feel like I read in this thread that some of you purchased radiators in this sale. Seems like they don't want to send it regardless, and I know there were very few late model 100 series radiators in the US over the past few months due to shipping delays.

Any advice? Have other's radiator orders been canceled in the past week or so? I know I've read of dealerships sending radiators on this forum in various threads (with a risk of damage)

Too bad that they took 2 months to tell you that they were not going to fulfill your radiator order. I would personally prefer to buy a radiator locally, but if it is packaged correctly then there should not be much of a problem with shipping it. Obviously, Serra Toyota of Decatur has shipped radiators to mail order customer in the past, so this seems sort of weird that they are now deciding to no longer ship them. My gut tells me that they are still behind in their orders and do not want to take the extra time and precautions needed to properly ship a radiator.

Hi All, this is my first post, but I've been a long-time lurker/student. I have an 06 LC that I am in the process of baselining for a longer trip this summer. PO did a lot of amazing work, so I've been collecting parts for the past 6 months as nothing is necessarily broken. I've had some things done at OK4WD in NJ, and have done some one/two banana jobs myself. Learned so much from this forum, and it helped me figure out many puzzles. I also have things to contribute to various threads once the school year ends.

I had two orders from Decatur. One came in, all perfect, in a month. In my second order, I purchased a radiator, which has been delayed since mid March. I followed up as my local independent mechanic is going to do all the things at once with all of my parts, but needs time to get it all done before I leave for New England and NE Canada in a month's time.

I'd love to swap out the radiator while we are in there for all the work that's about to be done. The price was too tempting not to. However, I don't really want to shell out 700-800 for a new OEM when it doesn't necessarily need to be replaced immediately. But after all the reading I've done, I'd want an OEM rad over anything else. In your experiences, any chance a local dealer would consider matching it (or at least the dealer discount)? Guess it can't hurt to ask.

I got the radiator from them during this sale. The OEM packaging is OK but not very good. I saw a big hole on the packaging when it arrived my house and luckily no real damage to the radiator itself. If you asked me I would say there is 50% chance that you radiator may be damaged.

I would say if you cannot source the OEM radiator right now you can consider some good aftermarket radiator, there is a big thread discussion about this.

The oem radiator that is for sale now is not the same part that came in our trucks from the factory, and some say it’s of lesser quality. I chose to save the money and get a csf radiator. I’ve only had it for a few months, but it’s worked flawlessly.

Thanks to everyone for your help and guidance. I'll keep you posted, especially on the refund process. Hopefully, that doesn't take two more months.

I’m still waiting too (3/23 order), nothing too obscure or hard to ship; bushings, thermostat, spark plugs, tie rods. Eric responded right away to my first inquiry on 5/10 (I forgot to add my order #), but has not responded since.

I’m still waiting too (3/23 order), nothing too obscure or hard to ship; bushings, thermostat, spark plugs, tie rods. Eric responded right away to my first inquiry on 5/10 (I forgot to add my order #), but has not responded since.

I ordered front axles on 3/23 or 3/22 and they just shipped. You should hear something soon I’m guessing.

I’m in the same boat as you regarding the radiator. I called him 5/9, and he said if I haven’t gotten an email cancelling my order, that I should be fine and it’ll probably be another week or two. Now, I’m wondering if they changed their mind about shipping radiators. I’ll probably cancel my order if they haven’t already and then buy a Mishimoto all aluminum and take my chance there. I’ve been waiting on the radiator to do my timing belt…

I love my Mishimoto aluminum. Way better than OEM or OEM equivalent.

I’m in the same boat as you regarding the radiator. I called him 5/9, and he said if I haven’t gotten an email cancelling my order, that I should be fine and it’ll probably be another week or two. Now, I’m wondering if they changed their mind about shipping radiators. I’ll probably cancel my order if they haven’t already and then buy a Mishimoto all aluminum and take my chance there. I’ve been waiting on the radiator to do my timing belt…
Same, I've been leaning towards Mishimoto or local pick-up on an OEM radiator. The good news is I was refunded almost immediately.

I love my Mishimoto aluminum. Way better than OEM or OEM equivalent.

I called them today. They said they will not ship radiators and did cancel my order. Guess they can’t notify people of this change so am glad that I checked here.

I’ll order the Mishimoto. Did it have the same capacity as the OEM radiator? Any install or fitment issues?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom