Too much rust for 10K? Lots of pics, Carfax (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New England car with about 200k miles. Seller is asking 10k but my hunch is that it's too high. How's the rust level? Any other red flags? Thank you all-- this community is awesome!

IMG_8361.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

IMG_8358.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.07.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.07.25 PM.png

Yes, too much rust for 10k. I would not buy as a keeper rig at any price, maybe would buy as a throwaway, short-term trail rig for $1k or less. Possible source of certain parts if you need them and they inspect well but I'd only pay what those parts are worth as there's not going to be a lot else worth reselling to bump value up in my opinion.

Makes sense... I was hoping it would be a good rig for 5k but it looks like that's not the case. Any tips for finding good ones in New England, or should I just try getting one from a state with milder weather?

Agree, hard pass at that price, it's a typical rust belt vehicle. Recently checked out a similar truck from PA, looked like it had sat in the Ocean for a couple of years. Any water that does trickle into a body cavity in the wintertime takes some road salt/chemicals with it. Every year a little bit more, a little bit more, and eventually you got rust eating the vehicle up from the inside out.

Last edited:
Hard pass!

I bought a rust free 93 in Cali last year, for $3000!
Keep looking, do not even think about that rig!

I used to live in the rust belt and that much rust is is just irresponsible. If the engine, tranny and axles are good, I would part it out but only give them 1k or 500 for it, since you are going to bust your knuckles with all the snapping bolts.

I just bought a 97 with rust for $2700...
Once panels are replaced and rust is gone I should still be under 4k... for a 98 triple locked .. is a good deal in my NY eyes
Runs great
Needs lots regular maintenance
Need hood, top rear hatch, and ds rear door
But im driving the dream
And if something breaks I will fix it
Life's full of compromises ;)
Enjoy ur truck
Once you find it
Not that one tho
Unless you can talk him down to couple grand

Screenshot_20200304-131511_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200304-131443_eBay.jpg