To buy or not to buy ‘92 FJ80? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

some good and bad news. Good news: the head gasket test passed!
bad news: the window motors are shot.
anyone have a good spot to bet a couple mew window motors from?

I would recommended starting with partsouq you can plug in your vin and look at full schematics for all parts.

Once you ID part #'s than you can shop around, call your local stealership, or just buy them from partsouq.

If the parts are NLA than start down the Rabbit hole of used or aftermarket.

For window motors I think they might be NLA for the 91. I am honestly not sure. I also remember people using dorman parts.

the regulators looked good after opening up all of the door panels yesterday. I think I just need new motors. I cleaned out the window chanels and lubed up the moving mechanisms. still, the windows on my passenger side are very slow to non existent depending on the level of the window. everything else looks okay so I'm going with new motors for now. finger crossed.

Is something missing on the inner hood area here?

View attachment 2866223

View attachment 2866224
Same on my 92

F4E38D9F-22D1-4349-9DA8-A2B5B53B7428.jpeg

I suspect the hole in the hood would have held a light in foreign market cruisers.

the regulators looked good after opening up all of the door panels yesterday. I think I just need new motors. I cleaned out the window chanels and lubed up the moving mechanisms. still, the windows on my passenger side are very slow to non existent depending on the level of the window. everything else looks okay so I'm going with new motors for now. finger crossed.
Are you saying that all 4 window motors quit working suddenly or had a sudden decline in performance? All 4 quitting at the same time is unlikely.

Thoroughly cleaning the regulator and replacing the window runs has net good results for most of us.

Are you saying that all 4 window motors quit working suddenly or had a sudden decline in performance? All 4 quitting at the same time is unlikely.

Thoroughly cleaning the regulator and replacing the window runs has net good results for most of us.
No, two If the four are definitely struggling to roll up and down after cleaning the moving parts inside the door. The other two are fine.
yes, I agree that all four going out at the same time would lead me to believe it was not the motors. I’d be looking for something more systematic like electrical.

Looks like work .

Can anyone verify that this PS pump above is correct for my ‘92 land cruiser? I noticed that the hard line coming off of the pump is not quite the same. The one in my car has a 90 degree down turn…?

410D3203-52A4-4DA1-AE56-0934037D23D8.jpeg

A69BC1FD-33FF-41AB-8432-649BA8D3510A.jpeg

Can anyone verify that this PS pump above is correct for my ‘92 land cruiser? I noticed that the hard line coming off of the pump is not quite the same. The one in my car has a 90 degree down turn…?

View attachment 2868373

View attachment 2868380
That's how the aftermarket one is. You can swap your old reservoir to the new pump. Make sure you clean the old reservoir very well. Maybe let it sit in a bucket of degreaser of some kind.

That's how the aftermarket one is. You can swap your old reservoir to the new pump. Make sure you clean the old reservoir very well. Maybe let it sit in a bucket of degreaser of some kind.
Sounds good. Just making sure I didn’t receive the wrong part all together.

Looks like the old one has Peroni's and the new one is more of a teenager........

Just to speak to the durability of the 3fe. I switched off my cooling fans to try to diagnose and issue and didn’t turn them back on. The temperature got so hot it blew the lower radiator hose. Put it back together and kept on going and haven’t had an issue since. I doubt you need to be concerned

Does anyone know how to disable the alarm on the '92 FJ80 permanently without negatively effecting any other electrical systems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom