To buy or not to buy ‘92 FJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just to speak to the durability of the 3fe. I switched off my cooling fans to try to diagnose and issue and didn’t turn them back on. The temperature got so hot it blew the lower radiator hose. Put it back together and kept on going and haven’t had an issue since. I doubt you need to be concerned
how did you manage to switch off the mechanical cooling fan? By removing it completely from the water pump?

It appears to be a pretty straight forward job replacing the power steering pump. I do not however wish to reinvent the wheel. Thus, if anyone has any tips or tricks in getting this job done most efficiently please let me know.

one thing I've noticed while replacing the PS belt is that I will have to pull the PS pulley in order to take the bolt out closest to the engine block.

anything else?

You need to develop your search techniques as most ground has been covered on this forum many times and at least the basics can be found pretty easily.

Does anyone know how to disable the alarm on the '92 FJ80 permanently without negatively effecting any other electrical systems?

Drop into Google: fj80 remove alarm disable site:ih8mud.com​

replacing the power steering pump. I do not however wish to reinvent the wheel. Thus, if anyone has any tips or tricks in getting this job done most efficiently please let me know
Drop into Google: fj80 power steering replace site:ih8mud.com​

Adjust those search strings as you learn more. You'll have to learn how to skip the fzj80 stuff, etc. and you'll learn which posters are most reliable, etc. After covering the basics via search you can ask questions that fill in the gaps and help make mud an even more complete resource moving forward, etc.

You need to develop your search techniques as most ground has been covered on this forum many times and at least the basics can be found pretty easily.

Adjust those search strings as you learn more. You'll have to learn how to skip the fzj80 stuff, etc. and you'll learn which posters are most reliable, etc. After covering the basics via search you can ask questions that fill in the gaps and help make mud an even more complete resource moving forward, etc.
Surely you jest.

This is true. I’m still learning how to sift through all the forums that do not pertain to my vehicle.

Bla Bla Bla. 😎 it takes time

Need some help identifying if this new window motor is the correct part before I try to install it and splice my wires for the new harness.
anyone?

7B0977D7-E68C-4514-AABA-7DDCAE0FA18D.jpeg

9F26CB95-F2A8-46F5-AC20-EFC5698D6D84.jpeg

E1BC2238-6963-40EC-88AA-B265D8229F86.jpeg

8FBE2F5C-B46F-4D6F-9090-55A7E870CB4E.jpeg

02FAE3B7-5B66-4DF0-B2E8-2EC0C846B66F.jpeg

the holes seem to match up, gears look similar enough, but the holes in new motor are not tapped for a screw???

Screws are self tapping. It can take some effort.
You aren’t afraid of stripping the old torques 25 screws while tapping new threads into an aftermarket window motor? Seemed pretty odd it didn’t come with ore threaded holes. Hmmm

Electric fans. It wouldn’t start and I was trying to listen for the fuel pump
gotcha
You aren’t afraid of stripping the old torques 25 screws while tapping new threads into an aftermarket window motor? Seemed pretty odd it didn’t come with ore threaded holes. Hmmm
use new bolts with hexagonal heads that is similar in size and in lieu of the OEM machine head screws by tapping new threads into the window motor....it's not hard, just time consuming...

Just answering the question.
gotcha

use new bolts with hexagonal heads that is similar in size and in lieu of the OEM machine head screws by tapping new threads into the window motor....it's not hard, just time consuming...
I tapped mine...FWIW.

Can someone please tell me what I do with this extra hose after I delete the stock cooling fan? On the drivers side engine Bay Area? Can I leave it open? Cap it?

05B5A265-FD73-4136-A112-30A53EFF2766.jpeg

0DAB5DCA-E854-4F58-AA9F-E0F1A2F9DA90.jpeg

I am in the middle of replacing the headlight bulbs with LEDs and I am taking the motor and tubing off in order to access the light bulbs anyway so I’m keeping it off for now.

One down, one to go…

Lubed the regulators and window tracks and replaced the motor in front passenger door. One more to go.…

passenger rear window keeps popping out of window mount. the regulator looks good. I Just replaced the motor. Lubed everything up. Still slow. Do I need new window guides? New rubber channels?

7C32237D-4811-4614-8078-D71D6F1CA77C.jpeg

63780C99-F012-438C-A66D-21927E30D1A1.jpeg

25564B81-A292-48A1-8076-48FB64B504A2.jpeg

9A5CBA72-6BDB-48BF-BDC2-B02F48A67B63.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom