To buy or not to buy ‘92 FJ80? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should I be putting silicone or JB weld in the Chanel that the window sits inside? Or just pressure fit? due to my current issue of bad rubber window Chanels the window is popping out of the mounting point. When rolling down and tugging on the window.

Should I be putting silicone or JB weld in the Chanel that the window sits inside? Or just pressure fit? due to my current issue of bad rubber window Chanels the window is popping out of the mounting point. When rolling down and tugging on the window.

If you figure this out, let me know. I dealt with this on mine. The PO removed the window from the track and the rubber filler was old and deteriorated.

I tried to reseat the window 6-9 times using various methods. I finally removed the entire window and got new rubber filler and crimped the metal track to have a stronger clamping force on the window. Then I braced a 2x4 against the window and smashed the window into the track forcing it into the groove.

Every method I’ve tried worked for a few days before the window unseated again. Now the window is up, the switch is disco’d and my kid is pissed because she is the only one without window controls.

I’m currently working on buying an entirely new window assembly.

If you figure this out, let me know. I dealt with this on mine. The PO removed the window from the track and the rubber filler was old and deteriorated.

I tried to reseat the window 6-9 times using various methods. I finally removed the entire window and got new rubber filler and crimped the metal track to have a stronger clamping force on the window. Then I braced a 2x4 against the window and smashed the window into the track forcing it into the groove.

Every method I’ve tried worked for a few days before the window unseated again. Now the window is up, the switch is disco’d and my kid is pissed because she is the only one without window controls.

I’m currently working on buying an entirely new window assembly.
Yes I’m right there with you. I have what appears to be a good rubber insert for the window chanel but I think it is also worn and not as tight a fit anymore. I’ll check back in if I figure out a more permanent solution.
thanks for the info

Can someone please tell me what I do with this extra hose after I delete the stock cooling fan? On the drivers side engine Bay Area? Can I leave it open? Cap it?
That hose is part of the smog pump intake, not the manifold cooling fan.

Do I need new window guides? New rubber channels?

New OEM rubber channels make a works of difference in how easily windows roll up and down.
They are relatively cheap through Partsouq.com

Check that all the guides are booked securely to the door panel. I've had them come loose more than once which can cause the window to jump a little in the tracks

Yes I’m right there with you. I have what appears to be a good rubber insert for the window chanel but I think it is also worn and not as tight a fit anymore. I’ll check back in if I figure out a more permanent solution.
thanks for the info

Are you referring to the channel on the bottom edge of the glass?

I'd try using automotive windscreen installation adhesive.

its a polyurethane designed for glass to metal and used in vehicles where the windshield is considered to be a structural component of the car body.
Use the appropriate primer / cleaner for whatever product you find and clean glass and track thoroughly and follow directions on the package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom