TMJ T13 vs Dobinsons Deluxe Bullbar for 2008 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Team,

My first time posting so bear with me.

Just saved up enough money to buy my dream car an LC200 (only could afford an older yr model) and am now wanting a at quality front bumper with bull bar to go with it.

I’ve found info on more of the newer model bumpers for 16+ LC200s but not the older 08 year.

Does anyone have comparisons / opinions between the following two: Dobinson Deluxe Bullbar BU59-3696 & the TJM T13 070SB13R82A?

Was looking at the ARB Deluxe but they’re about $1K more then the others + they’re out of stock till late November everywhere I’ve talked to.

Thanks!

*Typo in title of post meant TJM not TMJ ops.

I've had the TJM T13 for a couple years on my 08 and been very happy with it. Bought from Slee. Very robust heavy duty construction. I like it better than the ARB which IMO sticks out too far. In general all the 16+ bumpers looks much better, including the TJM, but out of the pre 2016 options I'm happy with it. You may want to also look at Dissent and Trail Tailor options. Both smaller indie shops in California.

Yeah I agree all the 16+ bumpers do look better but yeah only could afford a low mileage 2008. Thanks for your insight decisions decisions never easy to make. Any idea on the Dobinsons or seen one in person? Curious how far that sticks out. (I’m like you and like the bumper nice and close as much as possible )

Yeah I agree all the 16+ bumpers do look better but yeah only could afford a low mileage 2008. Thanks for your insight decisions decisions never easy to make. Any idea on the Dobinsons or seen one in person? Curious how far that sticks out. (I’m like you and like the bumper nice and close as much as possible )
I don't know anybody with Dobinsons. I REALLY don''t like the rear bumper they make for the 200 so can't say I ever considered them. A couple more options I'd forgot you might want to look into. I know 2 local guys (both pre-2016) who are happy with their Metaltech front bumpers. I personally think the TJM looks a tad bit more polished and appears to stick out less. Other option several on this forum have is the Ironman. Depending on the angle I like the appearance slightly more than the TJM. Quite similar though. I

If you want both tight and polished I'd take a serious look at Dissent. Probably one of if not the most loved vendor on this forum (and the 100 and Gx forums). His whole name of the game is lightweight, high and tight. Much more modern appearance than the competition. Not the cheapest, but always feel better giving my $ to smaller independent vendors like that. When I got my TJM the Dissent wasn't available for shipping, otherwise I'd probably have gone that route.

Last edited:
I went with ironman. It was around $1,200 if I remember correctly. The zxr12000 harbor freight winch fits nicely inside it ($300 I think).

I was able to modify the bumper slightly to fit arb recovery points-one of the hang ups with the various bumpers is how compatible they are with recovery points.

54BF24C5-8D52-48BC-8C63-AC2855EA72F0.jpeg

F8845CA3-8EAD-4418-8AAE-FBA267A98D20.jpeg

Hey Team,

I ended up going with the Dobinson front bumper and couldn’t be happier. Looks really clean in my opinion. (Can’t stand their back bumpers so was glad my semi gable paid off when I ordering the front without having seen one in person before)

E5516251-C322-4AB7-AAB5-2ED559D314E0.jpeg

65B9BE4C-4A8C-4B1B-8336-456F9DED9E05.jpeg

4E23003F-095A-44BD-B4E4-53568D3E4B82.jpeg

Where did everyone order their Ironman or Dobinson from? What winch did you use? I've got some trees I need to winch up a hill and this will help me sell it to the wife.

@crikeymike at Exit Offroad is a member, vendor, and sells Dobinsons. I bought my UCAs from him.

Where did everyone order their Ironman or Dobinson from? What winch did you use? I've got some trees I need to winch up a hill and this will help me sell it to the wife.
Direct from the MFGs for both. (Ironman is running a 25% discount right now I believe)

Hey Team,

I ended up going with the Dobinson front bumper and couldn’t be happier. Looks really clean in my opinion. (Can’t stand their back bumpers so was glad my semi gable paid off when I ordering the front without having seen one in person before)
Like the Dobinson’s!
Could you post a few more pictures of it? Maybe from the side to show how much it hangs over? The ARB underbite is so awful, been looking for a similar design that won’t stick out so far.
Is there a skid plate connected/included underneath?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom