Raingler cargo barrier net: LC200 vs LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at these two products:

1. 2008 - Newer Toyota Land Cruiser (J200) EZ Install Behind 2nd Row Seat - https://raingler.com/products/2008-newer-toyota-landcruiser-j200-behind-2nd-row-seat-barrier-ez-install?variant=5322667098142
2. 2008 - Newer Lexus LX 570 (J200) EZ Install Behind 2nd Row Seat Rear B - https://raingler.com/products/2008-newer-lexus-lx570-behind-rear-seat-barrier-ez-install?variant=5233900978206

Raingler is using the same photos for both products, but there's a $60 price difference between the two. I've reached out to Rangler, but who knows when they will reply, so figured I'd ask here. Anyone know the differences? Are there even any differences, or does the LX version simply have the Lexus tax added?

Record time response from Raingler!

Hello,
They probably could (and should) be the same to avoid confusion. I see that the Lexus version includes extra hardware to install to factory coat hook mounting points in ceiling and well as an extension on the lower hardware that bolts to the wheel well seat belt bolt. It would make it easier to remove the and reinstall the net. The Toyota version does not have any upper hardware but just wraps on the OEM ceiling cargo/3rd row handles.
Hope this helps out!

</thread>

This is the installation video shows the coat cooks that Raingler refers to:

It seems my (2014 Canadian-spec) LX does not actually have those coat hooks. Instead, I’ve got the coat hook integrated into the 2nd row handles.

FSgxWYE.jpeg

I'm also not sure what they mean by the extension on the lower hardware - asked for clarification.

A significantly cheaper option for your consideration...

A significantly cheaper option for your consideration...
Hey thanks!

I'd imagine this won't be as strong or as well made as the Raingler, but an 8x-10x price difference is hard to ignore. I've had good luck with the vast majority of Vevor's products (clones), too.

Do you happen to be using that one? If so, could you share a photo or two and confirm the size of the net you're using?

Hey thanks!

I'd imagine this won't be as strong or as well made as the Raingler, but an 8x-10x price difference is hard to ignore. I've had good luck with the vast majority of Vevor's products (clones), too.

Do you happen to be using that one? If so, could you share a photo or two and confirm the size of the net you're using?
I'm not using that exact one, but I have the "large" size Vevor one for roof rack tie downs. It works well for the loads I've tied down with it, and on the occasions that I've used it.

I took some quick measurements of the back of the LX and those Vevor options are unfortunately all much too large.

I was in the process of placing an order for a Raingler net when I noticed that the price for the items in my cart changed (likely the result of my email to them!). The LX and LC200 options now have the same base price (LC200 went up by ~$30, while the LX went down by ~$30). At the final stage of checkout I see that the price for the mesh filler is not the $110 that it was yesterday (and what is still shown on the product page), but now $152. Ugh.

This little net is now coming up at $546CAD after shipping. And carries the possibility of getting slapped with more duties/taxes at the border... going to pass on it and look for something more reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom