2018+ LC200 vs LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found the answer: Lexus Captures Second Baja 1000 Race Title | Toyota Parts Center - https://parts.olathetoyota.com/blog/5127/lexus-baja-1000-race-victory

Hardly stock! 🙄 Baja1000 “stock” definition is very loose.

Tidbits:

We also had TRD engineers remove 65 lbs. of wiring and sensors that were not needed.

We are sponsored by King Racing Shocks, and the front runs two King Shocks per wheel. I have mounted a 3.5” coilover that passes through the upper mount (cut out) into a higher custom shock mount location that ties into the roll cage. the secondary shock is strictly a 3.5″ triple bypass. At the full droop and full bump, I get almost 15” of usable travel. This is possible with the stock arms, 4WD half shafts, and stock steering components.

We did a lot of static suspension tests with the 37” BFGoodrich KRT race project tries and even added a 2.5” body lift to get more up travel.

Q: Have you had any electrical issues with it?

A: We did when the vehicle was first built. LX went into “Limp Mode” for 3 races, which cost us the Championship last year.

One major strength of the LX 570 is the full-time 4WD system, the center diff lock, and the rear air locker.

Last edited:
Basically Baja1000 wins are a positive for the LC200 frame and control arms. 😂 At least I know that my frame and control arms are stout.

Last edited:
@tbisaacs I feel like having a 2016 I feel there's not as much support as the pre-facelifts. Up until 2015 the sky is the limit on bumpers and stuff...on the 2016 maybe it's just the design, but everything looks like an afterthought as if it's just meant to be tacked on. Also it's much harder to find photos of mods to see what the end product looks like. I know from everything to installing my trailer brake controller to my HWM I had to go off posts detailing the 2015 and prior and figure out the differences on my own. Even the shop that did my 12.5 LRA tank noticed a bunch of differences from the prefacelifts. It can all still be done, it's just not as easy. I know it's a tradeoff, but depends on individual needs it someone sees it as worthwhile. I know I live with it for the updated tech and interior, but it's also my daily driver first and off-road toy second. If I was buying a 2nd 200 to build I personally would buy a 2014 or 2015 LX...but maybe that's because I'd already have a 2016 in the garage. Who knows, maybe the grass is always greener on the other side.

The 2016+ LX interior is far, far nicer than any other 200 models. I love my 16LX. There use to not be much support for bumpers and all that, but that has changed. As far as I know, I was the second person to put bumpers on the 16+ LX, I was the first with the Dissent bumper, and I think it looks great. Check out my build thread to find out more.

The 2016+ LX interior is far, far nicer than any other 200 models. I love my 16LX. There use to not be much support for bumpers and all that, but that has changed. As far as I know, I was the second person to put bumpers on the 16+ LX, I was the first with the Dissent bumper, and I think it looks great. Check out my build thread to find out more.

Agree with this. Considering that the interior is where the majority of the time is spent, the "predator grille" haters focus on the exterior (valid) but then disregard the driver experience.

My gripe is that no one has yet to make a DEDICATED front bumper for the '16+ LX. Yes, many will fit, but aside from CBI's, which barely counts, none are built specifically around the lines of the '16+ LX and the added length of the nose/grille. Hopefully that changes as prices fall and adoption increases. IMO, the price gap between later model LX's and the 200's and the new GX should position the later LX's to be a "go-to" option for some buyers.

I'm surprised that more of the vendors haven't brought something to market yet though. A good front bumper could cure much of the design issue that so many folks can't get over.

just my $.02

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom