TJM T13 Bull bar installed - Lots of pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i want to order this bumper soon. Just wondering if you want to install a winch later, do you need to remove the whole bumper?

The winch tray is what the bumper is attached / fastened to. If you dont install the winch on the initial install then youll almost be back to square one when you do get a winch. Again not hard but it will take a couple hours.

Hit a deer last weekend with my 2013 200. As the deer has done most of the disassembly of the stock parts on the front, seems like a good time to finally get the TJM T13. This thread has been very helpful in understanding whats going to be involved installing the T13 however I'd like to see the TJM installation instructions. I've googled and search the TJM website but can't seem to find a pfd of the installation instructions. Anyone got a link?

Hit a deer last weekend with my 2013 200. As the deer has done most of the disassembly of the stock parts on the front, seems like a good time to finally get the TJM T13. This thread has been very helpful in understanding whats going to be involved installing the T13 however I'd like to see the TJM installation instructions. I've googled and search the TJM website but can't seem to find a pfd of the installation instructions. Anyone got a link?

Yes!

In my own T13 vs. highway deer?

T13: 1 (zero damage)
Deer: 0 (

Do it.

PS. Was at Toyota today and learned that another customer just TOTALED his 2017 4Runner from a deer strike. Yep... TOTALLED by a deer! Smashed front so hard & into wheel well...flipped & rolled.

Everyone ok, but unprotected 4Runner ...toast.

Which bumper is more robust from a mounting and general structural integrity standpoint? ARB or TJM?

Which bumper is more robust from a mounting and general structural integrity standpoint? ARB or TJM?

Both will protect you, but after owning the ARB on my 100 and the TJM on my 200, I personally like the TJM. It’s a little less forward protrusion and I could swear the bumper steel is thicker. But I’m only referring to the main bumper portion so it’s not really a fair comparison.

I do know that @Taco2Cruiser finds the ARB front VERY strong, and if he thinks it’s strong, then you can assume it is *strong.*

I did discover that the crumple zone in the Sahara’s attachment structure crumpled more easily than I expected in a minor fender bender...but some have feared the TJM might not crumple enough since it doesn’t have an obvious crumple zone like the ARB.

Maybe Taco can weigh in, but bottom line is either bumper will dramatically reduce critter damage.

Last edited:
Still looking for TJM install instructions if anyone can help with a link that would be great.

Also, I'm now looking at where to buy the bumper from. Cruiserparts.net seems to have a, maybe too good to be true, price of$1350 for a 200 series T13. This is a lot lower than other online suppliers which range from $1700 to $2000. I've read the advice in this thread on where to buy already and I am more comfortable with the suppliers I've heard about. I'm not familiar with Cruiserparts.net. Any thoughts on them would be appreciated.

Still looking for TJM install instructions if anyone can help with a link that would be great.

Also, I'm now looking at where to buy the bumper from. Cruiserparts.net seems to have a, maybe too good to be true, price of$1350 for a 200 series T13. This is a lot lower than other online suppliers which range from $1700 to $2000. I've read the advice in this thread on where to buy already and I am more comfortable with the suppliers I've heard about. I'm not familiar with Cruiserparts.net. Any thoughts on them would be appreciated.

I just talked to the head guy at TJM because I bumped into him last week. He told me @sleeoffroad has them right now...(likely drop-shipped from TJM in San Diego County) and TJM also has them in stock here. Call Slee or TJM directly and you’ll get it done.

If you get no joy, I’ll help you get in touch with the TJM guy. He personally facilitated my T13 some time back when wait times were insane.

**Thats if you have a pre-2016. 2016+ availability from TJM is a different story.

Last edited:

I am withing about an hour driving distance from cruiserparts.net. Would not buy a cup of coffee from those guys, let alone a bumper. Do some searching, lots of Mudders have been screwed by them.

Thanks Markuson, I called TJB directly and they have a few in stock and they sent me this link to the install instructions:
https://dealer.tjm.com.au/documents/070SB13R82A_1.pdf Just need to wait for the repair estimate to get approved by my insurance before I order the bumper.

Thanks KLF for the feedback on cruiserparts.net. I was getting a bad feeling from their web site as it doesn't give any details like part numbers and their "contact us" doesn't work.

In looking at the TJM T13 install instructions (https://dealer.tjm.com.au/documents/070SB13R82A_1.pdf ) it looks like there are trim pieces (items 5 and 6 called head light trim in the exploded view) that may fill the gap between the bumper wings and the fenders (see pic below). From reading this thread, I understood that no trimming of the Toyota bumper was needed but then Archtaan used D shaped weather stripping to fill the gap. I saw a TJM video that showed trimming of the Toyota bumper but also mentioned a "no trim" version of the bumper. My original Toyota bumper is destroyed so I don't really want to buy a new one just to cut it up and become essentially just trim.

TJM T13.png

In looking at the TJM T13 install instructions (https://dealer.tjm.com.au/documents/070SB13R82A_1.pdf ) it looks like there are trim pieces (items 5 and 6 called head light trim in the exploded view) that may fill the gap between the bumper wings and the fenders (see pic below). From reading this thread, I understood that no trimming of the Toyota bumper was needed but then Archtaan used D shaped weather stripping to fill the gap. I saw a TJM video that showed trimming of the Toyota bumper but also mentioned a "no trim" version of the bumper. My original Toyota bumper is destroyed so I don't really want to buy a new one just to cut it up and become essentially just trim.

View attachment 1828197

You do not use any of the plastic bumper with the T13. It is a full replacement bumper. Those trim pieces are always used with this model. So yes. If your bumper was destroyed, that’s a non issue.

The line co tact’s the angle support that goes on the winch plate.

View attachment 1699983

View attachment 1699984

Late reply, yes with the extension my line was making contact as well. Unfortunately I found out the hard way and snapped my line last weekend pulling up an icy hill. Luckily Smittlybilt was kind enough to send me a replacement line under warranty. I removed the spacer and installed the new line and its all good. I'm not sure if this part of the install was covered that well in the instruction, if so I must have missed it. Also found a pic of TJMs demo 200 and it has synthetic line with now spacer.

https://www.tjmperth.com.au/wp-cont...-landcruiser-200-series-2008-to-2015-full.jpg

Last edited:
Good news, my cruiser is not totaled from the deer strike and repairs are underway. I ordered the T13 from Slee as well as he had a couple in his possession. All the other online retailers drop ship from TJM and TJM is moving their warehouse or something and they can't ship anything until the end on November.

I'm now thinking about adding the side rails and sliders. Has anyone installed the TJM side rails that go with the T13? I'll call Slee and ask about this but don't see any online place to buy these.

Late reply, yes with the extension my line was making contact as well. Unfortunately I found out the hard way and snapped my line last weekend pulling up an icy hill. Luckily Smittlybilt was kind enough to send me a replacement line under warranty. I removed the spacer and installed the new line and its all good. I'm not sure if this part of the install was covered that well in the instruction, if so I must have missed it. Also found a pic of TJMs demo 200 and it has synthetic line with now spacer.

https://www.tjmperth.com.au/wp-cont...-landcruiser-200-series-2008-to-2015-full.jpg

So I asked Slee about this when I stopped there a few months back. They made a good point that if you are doing a winch pull you will have a bunch of the line spooled out, so then it should not be touching at that location. So we will see. Haven't had to use the winch yet, we will see if we can fix that this winter with some winter wheeling.

I had 40-50’ of line out when it snapped. The line showed clear signs of rubbing on the edge of that spacer. I would definitely remove it, the more I search around the internet looking at pictures the more I see people with synthetic line not using that spacer. I still have to go back and look at the directions and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom