TJM T13 Bull bar installed - Lots of pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes.
Mine has been flawless.

About the control unit placement...
Be aware that the Platinum’s wireless receiver is located in what would normally be the control unit.
That’s why I mounted mine on top of the bumper rather than buried down with the winch (see photo...that’s the 12-S Platinum). You can also add a rIsed receiver into a higher position in the engine bay, but placing it on the bumper goes a long way.

There IS room within the bumper, but I’m glad I kept mine high and out of the mud/water that could wirelessly matter in some extreme situations.

I love that knuckleheads can’t release the clutch in my absence...because it’s released via the remote. Local morons have been known to pull people’s lines out...

PS. Notice the small make-shift stand-offs used on mine. Turns out the T13 extends less than an ARB, and the bumper mount plate is overly deep (front to back). The mounts pointed to are just about perfect:
View attachment 1919975

View attachment 1919978

Thanks for that info. I'm leaning towards a non-wireless 12-s winch right now. Does that also have a control unit mounted on the top of the bumper?

Thanks for that info. I'm leaning towards a non-wireless 12-s winch right now. Does that also have a control unit mounted on the top of the bumper?

It’s up to you. If you want to mount on the bumper, you’ll need the relocation kit from Warn. It’s around $80 or so.

My only worry about the wireless was fear of techno-failure. But it’s been perfect. And there are definitely perks: In Moab while winching a couple tippy trucks up an obstacle last summer, I never even got out. I just turned my truck around after driving up and out first...disengaged the clutch from the remote...then a spotter pulled the line out ...I reeled them up...back out via remote clutch release again...reeled the next guy...then reeled the line to the fairlead and done. No cleaning crud off a controller cable...not reaching into a clutch or plugging in a cable controller. Also the knucklehead resistance as I mentioned before.

Someday it may fail...but the track record is good. Very early on, the remote was internally redesigned by Warn and replaced by throughout their prior distribution. But I’ve not heard of issues since. Platinums have been out for a good number of years now (I think 2012?).

Everything fails though, so meh. We’ll see...

@Markuson Thanks for all this information! Maybe I'll just work harder and save a bit more for the platinum winch lol!

@Markuson Thanks for all this information! Maybe I'll just work harder and save a bit more for the platinum winch lol!

Ya, some will suggest staying away from the wireless to keep it simple. I think there’s a pretty good case for that. But gotta say... it is super easy having no controller cable to deal with.

**You DO have to keep it charged though.
If you just throw it in your glove box long term, you’ll end up plugging it in to power in a pinch. Here’s my way of never wondering if I’ll have to plug in during use... I keep it charged here (second row usually passenger-free), along with other USB charge stuff:

Last edited:
If you can get ahold of a 16+ version TJM...they are pretty dang sweet...

Does anyone have access to the installation instruction? I need to send my local shop the instruction for a labor quote! Thanks!

@Markuson do u have the factor55 1.5 inch fairlead or 1inch? I just got the bumper and figuring out all the accessories for it :D

@Markuson do u have the factor55 1.5 inch fairlead or 1inch? I just got the bumper and figuring out all the accessories for it :D

You can install either 1 or the 1.5, but I chose the 1.5 in order to help avoid contact if I'm stuck with an extreme-angle line pull.

You can install either 1 or the 1.5, but I chose the 1.5 in order to help avoid contact if I'm stuck with an extreme-angle line pull.
Thanks for that info! Really looking forward to getting this installed!

Does anyone have access to the installation instruction? I need to send my local shop the instruction for a labor quote! Thanks!
Here are the install instructions for year 2007+. Not sure how far the plus goes but I'm pretty sure there is something different around 2016. Mine is 2013. I had a few wiring challenges as my fog lights actually have the 2014 circuit (smaller fuse).

I had mine shop installed (except for wiring) as part of a front end rebuild after a deer strike. I don't have a breakout price for the bumper install but it was probably something like 4 to 6 hours.

Make sure your radar cruise is working OK before install. Mine was replace due to the deer and now I can'r calibrate the radar because the bumper is in place. At some point, I'll have to drop the bumper, calibrate the cruise, and reinstall. So far, I have not attained the motivation level necessary to do this.

Attachments

• TJM 070SB13R82A_1 install.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 272
Here are the install instructions for year 2007+. Not sure how far the plus goes but I'm pretty sure there is something different around 2016. Mine is 2013. I had a few wiring challenges as my fog lights actually have the 2014 circuit (smaller fuse).

I had mine shop installed (except for wiring) as part of a front end rebuild after a deer strike. I don't have a breakout price for the bumper install but it was probably something like 4 to 6 hours.

Make sure your radar cruise is working OK before install. Mine was replace due to the deer and now I can'r calibrate the radar because the bumper is in place. At some point, I'll have to drop the bumper, calibrate the cruise, and reinstall. So far, I have not attained the motivation level necessary to do this.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Thanks. I didn't have the install sheet from my T13 either. PDF saved!

So why did you select this over say the ARB? What are the advantages?

Thanks for the install sheet hope to have my T13 in a week or so.

It looks like it doesn't stick out as much as well.

I think they look better, have better fog lights and you stand apart from the crowd. Also like the fact I didn’t have to cut the stock bumper.

T13 is also significantly less $$ than the ARB, especially since TJM includes the fogs, wiring, etc which ARB charges for separately.

Really the main downside to the T13 is simply the difficulty in actually obtaining one. But man, mine has proven its massive strength numerous times already. Not just the deer strike, but several other impacts that would have done damage to most anything. Very happy T13 user here.

Last edited:
While I was under my truck fiddling with the fog light wiring I noticed these holes in the T13 FPS (bumper) flange part and the chassis/winch mount part that the FPS bolts to. See pic. Seems like these holes were meant to line up. I sent the pic to Slee and they contacted TJM who said:

"This is what’s referred to as a ‘pinning hole’ – this hole is designed to anchor the bumper once the installation has been performed and complete. A hole must be drilled into the vehicle side to complete this with a nut, washer and bolt. This keeps the bumper in place if there is a hit or you winch from it etc. Its recommended."

So apparently this "pin" needs to be installed and if these holes don't line up you'd have to drill through the hole in the FPS to get an aligned hole in the chassis mount. This is actually shown in the TJM install instructions I posted earlier in this thread. I've looked through the install pics in this thread and others and don't see this "pin" in any of the pics I've seen which makes me wonder if this is being missed by some installers. It certainly was missed by mine.

T13 pin hole.jpg

Got to drill a hole for that...

I noticed your front skid plate holes didn’t line up, neither do mine.

B6596AAE-8F31-4CAF-8296-A04351648C34.jpeg

9058CB5D-400E-4EFB-9E47-5B51461EBAEA.jpeg

Last edited:
While I was under my truck fiddling with the fog light wiring I noticed these holes in the T13 FPS (bumper) flange part and the chassis/winch mount part that the FPS bolts to. See pic. Seems like these holes were meant to line up. I sent the pic to Slee and they contacted TJM who said:

"This is what’s referred to as a ‘pinning hole’ – this hole is designed to anchor the bumper once the installation has been performed and complete. A hole must be drilled into the vehicle side to complete this with a nut, washer and bolt. This keeps the bumper in place if there is a hit or you winch from it etc. Its recommended."

So apparently this "pin" needs to be installed and if these holes don't line up you'd have to drill through the hole in the FPS to get an aligned hole in the chassis mount. This is actually shown in the TJM install instructions I posted earlier in this thread. I've looked through the install pics in this thread and others and don't see this "pin" in any of the pics I've seen which makes me wonder if this is being missed by some installers. It certainly was missed by mine.

View attachment 1975503
I just ordered my T13 from Slee today, supposed to ship next week. If I run into trouble installing it, can I swing by and take a look at yours? I'm in south OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom