TJM T13 Bull bar installed - Lots of pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta give props to @gaijin for that.

Just pulled the trigger on a TJM for my '08 from Summit. Thanks for the great write-up, which convinced me to go forward. Be warned - you may be receiving hate mail from my wife over the next few days.

Hey Andrew,
Did you paint the plastic part of the bumper to match your rig?

PPG has purchased small mom and pop shops that deal with automotive paint. I found one here in town and they mixed up my exact paint code and per my request placed it into an aerosol can. This makes painting those corner pcs. a breeze (and any touch up that may be needed on the rig - with a Q-tip). There is an accelerant I used prior to laying down the paint. Total price was around $40 or so. Check it out - its a nice finishing touch.

I did @NLScooby .

I ordered the paint from Automotive Touch Up

I have used them in the past. They make a great product.

Thanks Willy beaming and MScruiser! Sounds like two great options!

I laid down a coat of plastic paint stuff (sorry, I can't remember what it was called). Then a coat of primer. Top Coat. Clear Coat. Wet sand with 2000 grit. Polishing compound. Chemical Guys Jet Seal. Chemical guys Butter Wet Wax.

Just pulled the trigger on a TJM for my '08 from Summit. Thanks for the great write-up, which convinced me to go forward. Be warned - you may be receiving hate mail from my wife over the next few days.

Its not a problem, glad to help!

I laid down a coat of plastic paint stuff (sorry, I can't remember what it was called). Then a coat of primer. Top Coat. Clear Coat. Wet sand with 2000 grit. Polishing compound. Chemical Guys Jet Seal. Chemical guys Butter Wet Wax.
Wow - you aren't messing around! :)

I wanted it to match!

Sure. Anything you want in particular?

Nothing really new, except tinted my fog lights JDM yellow.

Sorry for the crappy pic. The haze around the lights is just some old wax I need to polish out.
unnamed_zpsbnnc5dlc.jpg

May be buying a winch this week (maybe today?). I was looking at the VR12000, Come-Up 12.5, and the Smittybuilt Gen2 VO 12k. I think I may pull the trigger on the Smittybuilt actually; great reviews, tons of features, wireless remote, waterproof, synthetic line, lifetime warranty, etc. Not much to hate, except it is made in China. But most things these days are made in China, including (correct me if I am wrong) the TJM T13 bumper I am planning on attaching it to. I may need a winch 1-2 times a year, so I can't justify spending $1800 on something like that anyways.

Last edited:
That looks great. I looked at the winch as well and might go for it. I look forward to your reviews and install pics:)

Did you get your front sensors working?

Yup, sensors work. I kept the level suggested by TJM, but I moved them towards the outside by about 2 cm, IIRC

How did you tint the fogs? Is it a film?

@MScruiser can you take some pics from the top looking down? Showing below the grill and headlights? I want to see how close and how finished it is from those spots. Thx

Picture of the supplied switch used for the lightforce lights.

Is that a Toyota light switch or did you purchase it elsewhere? It looks like it was born there. Mind sharing the manufacturer/source? Thx

Mine is not color matched, but Willy had his powder coated to match. Here are a few more pics. If you would like something specific, let me know.

@Archtaan-
What did you use to fill in the gap between the bumper and fender? I set the 30mm gap and it's quite a gap...not so attractive. Your finished product definitely is much better.

@Archtaan-
What did you use to fill in the gap between the bumper and fender? I set the 30mm gap and it's quite a gap...not so attractive. Your finished product definitely is much better.
It D-shaped weatherstripping with adhesive back that I picked up at the auto parts store. It was like $10 for 20 feet or so. Cut it at and angle and it has worked out great.

IMAG0071_zpsebjwjefn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom