Tires, Rims, Spacers, Oh My! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.summitwise.com
My current threads are running thin and it's time to replace them. Working from home, and living in Colorado, the 80 doesn't see much asphalt. We camp and hike, and take her over the high mountain passes. On rare occasion, during an aired down off-road adventure, she bottoms out (even with my 33's and 2.5" OME lift).

I've searched and searched the forum and still have a few questions. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

1. Will 315/75R16's fit on a stock 80 rim?
2. Going with BFG KO2's, but AT or MT?
3. Should I get spacers for the 315's? If so, what width?

Thank you!

1 - it’ll rub at stock height and at 2.5 to 3” (at least mine did)

2 - I chose at quiet

3 - spacers suck

-Yes, on the rim, but will rub the body if not lifted 2" or more.
-Either way, your choice.
-No spacers. No need.

I ran them without lift for a few months, only rubbed at full lock and when loaded down with an ATT and 3 passengers.

Your tire. Got a good deal on another option and tire opinions are like toilet paper opinions. Don’t be stingy and buy to your taste and intended use.

Spacers are fine so long as they are hubcentric and you do the additional maintenance. Always check the spacers at every roatation, and replace the wheel studs at every axle service. Use a torque wrench for God sake. Otherwise it will help the truck to feel more stable with the increased track, but it’s not going to solve issues at lock and may not help with how it stuffs tires either.

1) Yes, no problem at all
2) Definitely AT if you do much snow driving, if not, your preference. Not a lot of mud to deal with in CO, so I'd take AT over MT, but you call.
3) No spacers, unless you just like the wide stance look. I also do not need bump stop spacers with 50mm tjm springs (about the same hight as your OME springs, just softer) and 315's. Just a little bit of rub to remind you the suspension is working. BFG also tend to run a little smaller than true size.

Are you in Kc? I have a buddy that just bought a rig with 315 km2. Almost new. He’s using the truck as a comutter and I’m pretty sure will be looking to go mild a/t direction.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm going to go with the stock rims, paint them, All Terrain 315 KO2's (lots of snow where I live and I don't do much mud), and say no to the spacers.

Are you in Kc? I have a buddy that just bought a rig with 315 km2. Almost new. He’s using the truck as a comutter and I’m pretty sure will be looking to go mild a/t direction.

We moved to Monument, Colorado, two months ago. DM me a pic and price and lets chat!

Here are some pictures following the procedure. $80 all in. WELL WORTH IT
IMG_4833.jpg
IMG_4850.jpg

Got a new set of Falkens for eighty bucks, huh? Score! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom