Tires for 15x8 with 3.75 BS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '79 40 currently is running 30x9.5 OR LT tires. But it is seeing more pavement than trail currently. I have them mounted to stock rims. I was given a set of steel wagon wheels which I just had coated. I want to make a second set of tire/rim so I can switch out the wheels. The wagon wheels are 15x8 with 3.75 backspace. What highway tires does anyone recommend for that size but keeping close to the same height as the ones on it now? I do not have a lift. Currently I'm driving the 40 70 miles rt to/from work almost daily. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you

Strongly recommend nothing more than a load rating of C for ride quality. A "P" rated metric tire like a P235/75R15 would be a just a bit smaller, but much lighter and much softer in the ride department.

Strongly recommend nothing more than a load rating of C for ride quality. A "P" rated metric tire like a P235/75R15 would be a just a bit smaller, but much lighter and much softer in the ride department.
I definitely can use a softer ride. I had that size on the stock rims for years. Will these still fit the 8" wide wagon wheels? My primary car, a Honda Element died with 386k on it. Rebuilding my house right now so there is no extra money to purchase another vehicle right now, so I've been using the 40 occasionally since last August. I've owned for 32 years. Besides tires, AC would be great.. lol.. thank you

My '79 40 currently is running 30x9.5 OR LT tires. But it is seeing more pavement than trail currently. I have them mounted to stock rims. I was given a set of steel wagon wheels which I just had coated. I want to make a second set of tire/rim so I can switch out the wheels. The wagon wheels are 15x8 with 3.75 backspace. What highway tires does anyone recommend for that size but keeping close to the same height as the ones on it now? I do not have a lift. Currently I'm driving the 40 70 miles rt to/from work almost daily. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you
Do they fit without rubbing the TRE? Have you checked?

I did read that part, my rims are 3.625 backspacing and they work fine. Yours being 3.75 should be fine. These are mine:

Thanks for that link. It looks like Pro Comp has discontinued their one choice of a 15x8 6 on 5.5, 3.5 inch back spaced wheel.

Those are pretty narrow. I was minutes away from buying 5 of the Pro Comps and they have suddenly gone missing. I have 4 very similar sreel wagon wheels and want a spare to match. Even the 3.5s have given folks issues depending on their brake and axle set up.

I wish I knew what was on my 1st 40. I did a minitruck disc swap and the wheels fit no problem. I am doing a 60 swap on my current 40 tpo run 15 inch 35s. The tires were super cheap so I felt it was an easy choice... i should have held out for 16s i guess

3.75 BS are still available. I could use those for the rear I guess

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom