Tinted Out’s LX470 restore/build/enjoy thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These showed up in mail a few weeks ago. Just have not found the time to get these installed on the truck yet.

OME-303001 Torsion bars and brackets from Ironman. The rear springs I got are OME 2866. 1.5 lift Heavy load.

I'm really only shooting for 1.5- 2 lift. I was going to do 2.5 but really don't need it. I don't plan on doing that crazy of wheeling just yet and really trying to budget this build out. I know the higher lifts require diff drops and changes all sort of geometry that I really don't wanna deal with at the moment. Besides I got the 2866 so should have little bit of higher lift than 1.5 on medium springs. I went back and forth with the 2855 but choose the heavy spring because sliders are next on the list and I have drawer system that haven't posted yet. That's pretty damn havey in combination of the full size 285/75/16 Pro Comp MT2 in spare location. Not to mention all crap I got planned to stuff in the drawers.

Like I mentioned, Im trying to budget the build out and take my time with it. I've been pretty impressed so far with how this truck has crawled. I can sleep a bit better at night now that I know I have right TBs up front. I plan on running the strutmaster struts till they fail or until I know that they need to upgrade for the lift I put on. For now I should be good and ill be ready for the Smoky Mountain Overland Rally in April. See what the truck can do there and see what the next weakest link is. Im pretty excited about the SMOR since ive never done any wheeling/overlanding event before.

I cannot believe my last post was in February. I must have been to busy to stop and smell the roses. I guess i'm not going into why I have not been posting and instead I'm going to just start posting.

Well this why I was smelling coolant. This is was the backside of the radiator which had the fan shroud was covering . I didnt think it was this bad and a new radiator wasn't in the budget but it is what it is. I was doing the upper and lower hoses anyways, minus well do it all. Had the coolant T's and hoses swapped out too. I used SS Harbor Freight hose clamps instead of OEM. I can't forget to mention most of the OEM radiator support bracket and hardware where shot too.

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

Last edited:
Had to source these OEM hardware from the dealership. These should last another 20 years.

IMG_1346.jpg

I went ahead and put in the new thermostat that I got last year from the timing belt kit.

IMG_1237.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom