Time to Re-Arch My Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ALSO: I fully expect some of you to tell me re-arching is a waste of time and/or money, but budget-wise this makes the most sense for me right now.

It's fair to say we've all been in this position before and judging from the comments given its fair to say everyone wants what's best for you and are all saying do anything but reset your springs.....

"Poor man pays twice", I know I have.

Well, it's done. And regardless of some opinions I'm pretty damn stoked. I'm attaching before and after pics, below. I also swapped from my 235 studded snow wheels (steelies!) to my 31" all terrains, so it appears a little more lifted than is true.

Also, for future knuckleheads seeking the same answers I was, my measurements were as follows:

Before: 32" (Ground to top of wheel well, front and rear)
After: 34.5" (Ground to top of wheel well, front and rear)

Boise Spring Works is amazing. In a single day they had my springs re-arched. Total price was $248 including all new polyurethane bushings. Took me for-friggin-ever to reinstall as I learned how to properly muscle them in. I had asked for 2.5" lift and they nailed it.

BEFORE.jpg
AFTER.jpg

Looks great. Bookmark this thread and keep us up to date on a long term condition. You're the first person who's actually done this!

Please post ride comments after you get a few hundred miles on them.

MAC
1987 FJ60

Yes, I'll keep everyone updated on the ride quality as things progress. For now the ride is definitely a bit more "bouncy" because the re-arch is exploiting my crappy shocks. Both rear shocks (solid blue color, I think they're Monroes?) are extremely easy to compress by hand... pretty sure they're blown. So I'll get those replaced with something mid-range before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks everyone! Pretty good bang for the buck, IMO.

those monroes are prolly worn out out. a newer set would ride better and not cost a small fortune...

You might want to look into budget KYBs before Monroe or Gabriel. For an extra $50 (for all 4 corners) you get a much better shock.

Yes, I'll keep everyone updated on the ride quality as things progress. For now the ride is definitely a bit more "bouncy" because the re-arch is exploiting my crappy shocks. Both rear shocks (solid blue color, I think they're Monroes?) are extremely easy to compress by hand... pretty sure they're blown. So I'll get those replaced with something mid-range before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks everyone! Pretty good bang for the buck, IMO.

Yeah mine is definitely more bouncy too. Ride is a bit stiff but has softened some with use. I put new Skyjacker M95 shocks on it and their valving is a bit harder I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom