Throttle linkage clips around ball joint broken (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was recently stranded when I turned a corner and my throttle stuck, causing the engine to rev up to 4000 rpm. I shut it down before any damage was done but once I towed it home, I found a 3" shaft 3/8" diameter connecting the two levers off the throttle linkage had a broken clip to hold in the ball joint. Does anyone know where that full shaft assembly can be purchased, or if the clips themselves are available for replacement? I saw a few other posts about problems with engine rpm climbing quickly so I'll pass this along to those threads too in case this was an issue for them, but any help on locating the part would be appreciated (pic attached).

IMG_7013.jpg

I was just going to send you my spare, but yours looks different. Clips should work though

20220816_091650.jpg

20220816_092322.jpg

Local dealer can order, 78197-10010
I went to a few different local shops (I didn't see your part number before I went in), and they couldn't seem to locate anything that worked. I'll try them again with the part number, thanks for sending that but what they looked up they said had been discontinued. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again.

I went to a few different local shops (I didn't see your part number before I went in), and they couldn't seem to locate anything that worked. I'll try them again with the part number, thanks for sending that but what they looked up they said had been discontinued. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again.
I might have a couple down in Stevi.

Rod Clamp - Toyota (78197-10010) $2.10 list.​

Some dealers don't want to take the time to order small parts, so, "DISCONTINUED."

Some dealers don't want to take the time to order small parts, so, "DISCONTINUED."

slim options around MT, usually only 1 dealer in each large town.

Not sure your junkyard selection nearby but late 70s/early 80s toyotas use them. I pick bits like that off as spares when I see them. Pickups are usually a fun scavenge for bolts and hardware. Otherwise order online through one of the many dealers online? Doesn't take long usually.

Still need these? Sorry, I just caught back up with this thread.

I'll be up at the paddleheads game tomorrow evening.

16619119915252450581072997927364.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom