Thoughts on Red Dog Tools kit for the 80? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll chalk you up for one?
I just took a closer look at the list posted here of what (apparently) is actually in it... and at the price!! My quiet chuckles and shaking of my head have been replaced with out and out laughter and snorts of derision.

This must be a joke, right? Holy chit!!

It does, I guess, seem to be the perfect way to shout "I am a clueless posuer" without actually moving your lips. More than the bag o' junk itself, the quote from the website really seals that;

"WILL IT FIX IT? YES IT WILL.
From our experience, steering, suspension, driveline, and brake repairs make up most off-roading and overlanding mechanical issues. Our primary goal is to provide just the right tools so you can make the necessary repairs on the trail that get you back on the road."

I looked at the statement and then looked back at what is included and fell on the floor laughing for a bit.

Maybe the bag might make a cute purse for one of those girls that knows how to spin wrenches just a little bit and really plays that up because she loves the attention the guys give her because of it? I could see my youngest thinking it was pretty cool. Back when she was 12. Before she broke her first birfield even.

I dug through the tool box that holds my tertiary hand tools and various duplicates of some of my diagnostics to put together a kit to toss in the back of the GF's Subaru one weekend when we decided to make a spur of the moment up and back run to Deadhorse a while back. Took me about 15 minutes while I was waiting for her to arrive. It is approximately 17,000 times more comprehensive and relevant that that silly little tool roll of "Overlanding" fluff.

I remember all the joking stereotypes we had here about '80s and the (then "new") '80 owners back when they first surfaced on the scene. This thing fits right in with all the "pink panty comments. ;)

Mark...

I just took a closer look at the list posted here of what (apparently) is actually in it... and at the price!! My quiet chuckles and shaking of my head have been replaced with out and out laughter and snorts of derision.

It does, I guess, seem to be the perfect way to shout "I am a clueless posuer" without actually moving your lips. More than the bag o' junk itself, the quote from the website really seals that;

From our experience, steering, suspension, driveline, and brake repairs make up most off-roading and overlanding mechanical issues. Our primary goal is to provide just the right tools so you can make the necessary repairs on the trail that get you back on the road."

I looked at the statement and then looked back at what is included and fell on the floor laughing for a bit.

Maybe the bag might make a cute purse for one of those girls that knows how to spin wrenches just a little bit and really plays that up because she loves the attention the guys give her because of it? I could see my youngest thinking it was pretty cool. Back when she was 12. Before she broke her first birfield even.

I dug through the tool box that holds my tertiary hand tools and various duplicates of some of my diagnostics to put together a kit to toss in the back of the GF's Subaru one weekend when we decided to make a spur of the moment up and back run to Deadhorse a while back. Took me about 15 minutes while I was waiting for her to arrive. It is approximately 17,000 times more comprehensive and relevant that that silly little tool roll of "Overlanding" fluff.

I remember all the joking stereotypes we had here about '80s and the (then "new") '80 owners back when they first surfaced on the scene. This thing fits right in with all the "pink panty comments. ;)

Mark...

Sorry, can you tell us what you really think?
Don't beat around the bush man!

Mark...
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I thought it seemed strange that they wouldn’t give specifics on things. I am so glad I didn’t waste my money.

I think I might pick up the bag from blue ridge overland!

Yes. Keep in mind it is US made, and has a lifetime warranty and they stand behind it. You can definitely find something similar made overseas for less.
Ok cool I might pick one up. I generally have liked more than just a few large pockets in these bags though. But it seems they make more Velcro organizers. Have you used any more than just the 4 large bags?

If you're feeling crafty you can sew up your own!

Last edited:
@BILT4ME

They really are top notch bags, built with very heavy canvas and extremely rugged. I carry them fully loaded with tools in my 60, bouncing around etc. They are always ready to go to work.👍🎯👍

Why do I get the feeling that this thread belongs in Expedition Portal? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom