Thoughts on Red Dog Tools kit for the 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone I have been looking at consolidating my tools in my 80. I have been waiting for Red Dog Tools to release one for the 80. Has anyone used this for the 80 or any other vehicles? Seems like it could be a good big but I wanted to see if anyone has owned one.

Yea, wtf is in the kit for that price!

I have a pretty good tool kit similar to a pic showing tools for🤷‍♂️ and it was less than $100 to put it together with used tools off FB marketplace and spares I had.

whats in the kit, i followed the link and only see a bag
They haven’t listed what’s inside but the whole idea is that it has what you need for the vehicle without carrying what you don’t need.

All the other kits they carry list the tools this one doesn’t yet for some reason.

I want the empty bag, then I won't have to repair anything, just call for a tow. :p

That 80 Series tool bag may be a new kit as the other kits apparently do have a list of what's included.

Here's an example of a list from a "Pro" tool kit for a Ford Bronco:

1. Customized, heavy-duty nylon tool bag
  2. One impact adapter/reducer set
  3. One ball pein hammer
  4. One adjustable wrench
  5. One set of slip joint pliers
  6. One set of long nose pliers
  7. One Torx™ bit
  8. Two screwdrivers
  9. One breaker bar
  10. Five combination wrenches
  11. One quick-release ratchet
  12. Five sockets
  13. One deep socket
  14. One specialty socket
  15. Two extensions
Here's the link:

Last edited:
I want the empty bag, then I won't have to repair anything, just call for a tow. :p

That 80 Series tool bag may be a new kit as the other kits apparently do have a list of what's included.

Problem is, unless I missed it, there isn't any information as to brand name, manufacturer, or country of origin. So no way to tell if you're getting good quality tools or a good deal??

Here's an example of a list from a "Pro" tool kit for a Ford Bronco:

1. Customized, heavy-duty nylon tool bag
  2. One impact adapter/reducer set
  3. One ball pein hammer
  4. One adjustable wrench
  5. One set of slip joint pliers
  6. One set of long nose pliers
  7. One Torx™ bit
  8. Two screwdrivers
  9. One breaker bar
  10. Five combination wrenches
  11. One quick-release ratchet
  12. Five sockets
  13. One deep socket
  14. One specialty socket
  15. Two extensions
Here's the link:

I talked to them at the slc overland expo (before the 80 bag existed) and they have a few to choose from different manufacturers like Steelman or gear wrench.

From what I recall everything that could be was from that brand but I wanted to see if anyone has had one for the 80 for that reason. I’ll send them a email and see what I can find.

10-12-14-17-19mm sockets, ratchet, and wrenches. A couple screw drivers, JB weld, zip ties, duct tap and call it good. Buy a military surplus canvas bag and you’re under $100 bucks easy peezy.

Yeah, have a roll-up bag with 20 yr old Craftsman SAE and metric set, plus SAE and metric box-ends, plus a few other bits that covers at least 80% of the tools needed to work on an 80 outright. Probably 100% of tools needed for trail repairs.

Oh and a few spare Colby valves. lol
Look them up. Great addition.

10-12-14-17-19mm sockets, ratchet, and wrenches. A couple screw drivers, JB weld, zip ties, duct tap and call it good. Buy a military surplus canvas bag and you’re under $100 bucks easy peezy.
Exactly!

I have had a tool roll from Blue Ridge Overland Gear for several years that is very sturdy and made by an excellent US based small business that stands behind their products. It can be loaded with anything you need. I put my own tools in, because I know my vehicles and only add what I need.

A prepackaged tool kit that claims to be specifically set up for your make and model of rig? Assembled by some marketer with zero knowledge of your truck, where it is used, how it is used, what conditions is sees, what it's history is, how it has been modified and maintained... zero knowledge of you and your abilities, needs and preferences? I guess it beats having no tools at all in the Cruiser. Maybe.

Mark...

A prepackaged tool kit that claims to be specifically set up for your make and model of rig? Assembled by some marketer with zero knowledge of your truck, where it is used, how it is used, what conditions is sees, what it's history is, how it has been modified and maintained... zero knowledge of you and your abilities, needs and preferences? I guess it beats having no tools at all in the Cruiser. Maybe.

Mark...
This is one of those “accessories” that accessary owners have.
You know, the guy who pays someone to build and maintain his rig. So he can show his buddies at the show and shine he has a “custom” tool kit for his ride.

Mark...

I'll chalk you up for one?

I have had a tool roll from Blue Ridge Overland Gear for several years that is very sturdy and made by an excellent US based small business that stands behind their products. It can be loaded with anything you need. I put my own tools in, because I know my vehicles and only add what I need.

Looked them up earlier and they look really nice.

At least they see the Bronco crowd as the bigger sucker!

Screenshot_20231030_114254_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom