Thoughts on Cybertruck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No secret I've been a proponent of the CT. My wife has had EVs for 10 years now and they have a strong foothold in my family. My wife is not a car person, but she will not go back to ICE and I can't blame her. I've been questioning if I feel the same way and it's hard to resist the merits of EVs, Tesla's specifically.

I'm a car enthusiast and love all things cars. I should say I could care less what other people think and I drive cars for myself. Beyond aesthetics, there's so much going for the CT that it's hard to resist. For context, I have both an LX and a 911 Turbo, both highly modified. Both vehicles may not have an assured place in my garage going forward depending on how the CT works out. I mean, when has there been in history, a single car that potentially has the bandwidth to supplant both hyperbolic cars in the way I use them.

As this is a 200-series forum, my baseline for comparison is my own LX on 35s that's a goat off-road and will tow, road-trip, or date night competently. It gets almost 500mile range unladen with the help of an aux tank. Will tow an 8k trailer about 240 miles. $150 per fill-up but it's all smiles for miles.

The Cyberbeast comes factory with what I've spent a lot of time to achieve in my LX. It has similar unladen range. Towing range will almost be similar. And it's doing this on factory AT 35s! I bet when fitted with lower profile HT tires, it would easily achieve 500mile range. On my friends Rivian, a swap from 32 HT tires to the factory 34 AT tires cost him 14% range. If we were to account for that same factor on the Cyberbeast, it would be 501mile range.

Yes the CT will be expensive. Interesting, both my LX and Porsche, when accounting for time adjusted purchase costs new, were each more than a full spec CT with extender.
I'm a biased proponent. My wife owned a Tesla S100D until last summer and it was a comfortable, reliable, and cost effective vehicle. If the CT can live up to that (after the bugs are worked out)--I'll be very interested.

This one looks kind of cool.
with a bunch of parts from unplugged performance.

unplugged performance.jpg

The only way you could get me in that thing is to give it to me free.
And then I would just sell it. 😂🤣

And I’m pretty sure that my .357 hand gun will make big holes in it.

It is very weird! The front glass angle means you can't see where the front of the vehicle ends. The rear, well, it's back there somewhere...

Given it's a bunch of triangles and essentially straight surfaces, there's some pretty sharp edes on the front - as if it was assembled in metal shop.

The front wiper is insane - at least 4' of wiper blade.

Can only appeal to a certain buyer...

Inside it's essentially a tesla driving experience, lots of electric motor torque and a big screen that is the control center for everything.

I'm happy I own the white vehicle in the background :hillbilly:

cheers,
george.

PXL_20231221_054042778.MP.jpg

The unplugged unit is headed in the right direction at least, I dont hate that version, wonder what the specs are for distance, suspension parts &travel, skids , and when does the torque of the motor start breaking drivetrain couplers when crawling ? how does the drive system deal with impact loads etc.......

I think EVs do have a market. However I anticipate as the novelty wears off that it's possible used EVs will be very cheap. Similar to a cell phone that has out of date expensive tech maybe? Also, if you sell a used EV it will be for cheap because the new owner takes on a old battery that is expensive to replace.

As far as the cybertruck goes, i can see the appeal of a stainless body to some extent. The retracting door handles and tough glass seem like a safety issue. If someone has a medical emergency or an accident and there is a fire, the public will be unable to pull you out. Only experienced firefighters are getting you out. Teslas in general from my resesrch have been struggling with condensation combined with uneven spray of conformal coating thqt seems to cause corrosion somewhere between 5-10 year mark. Likely depending on several factors like humidity, indoor/outdoor parking, elevation change frequency, and the battery being unserviceable. Inside of a Tesla battery with moisture:
1704593649925.png

Last edited:
EV’s are not selling as anticipated for the most part they’re sitting on dealer lot and not moving !

Your telling me there is no provision for evacuating condensation in the battery box, alot of cooling tech but no environment control ?

Ford Lightening has entered the chat...and sat....just like on the lots...
It’s not just the Fords though.
GMC,Honda etc.
Just Google it.

I've seen it. Ford's seemingly the most vocal about cutting production, etc though from what I've read.
From what I understand Honda is halting all production of EV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom