Thoughts on Cybertruck? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else digging the cyber truck?

How many 200 owners here have reservations for one?

340 mile range
Optional range extender for 400+
Shatter proof glass
Bullet proof panels
Steer by wire, rear wheel steering

The reliability could never compete with a 200series but the CT does seem tempting

I dig it, but that’s just the Delorean enthusiasts in me. Saw one outside of my hood on the 28th and was surprised how big it was.

IMG_4286.jpeg

Revolutionary design and engineering and credit for thinking out of the box and breaking the current design mold!

Not my style and far too sophisticated for me, the 200 series may be as complicated as a vehicle as I personally ever own.

billionaires wank fest, just another vehicle that makes little sense that no one needs.
tradesmen will never adopt this.
the electric fad will wane when everyone realizes they plug into the hydrocarbon charging grid

One of those things i imagine will be pretty cool in 2 or 3 generations. Needs some styling work and will undoubtedly have some serious kinks to work out. Also scared s***less of the parts and right to repair situation, should they be needed. I’ll stick with a 6.7 Cummins for the pickup-needed work for now.

One of those things i imagine will be pretty cool in 2 or 3 generations. Needs some styling work and will undoubtedly have some serious kinks to work out. Also scared s***less of the parts and right to repair situation, should they be needed. I’ll stick with a 6.7 Cummins for the pickup-needed work for now.
Good point on repairs. Tesla or any ”approved” body shop will be keeping it for months and months trying to source parts.

It's a giant piece of garbage eco clap trap. I am 100%, certain the panels are not bullet proof. What grade of protection do they offer will it stop black tips etc. This is the vehicle for pretentious idiots, almost all tesla are.

Tesla products are trash this is all my personal opinion, but they are harmful to the environment like every electric/hybrid that is factual. I don't get the appeal of getting a truck that looks like the offspring of a kia seoul, a chevy truck, and a 80s Ferrari.

It's a giant piece of garbage eco clap trap. I am 100%, certain the panels are not bullet proof. What grade of protection do they offer will it stop black tips etc. This is the vehicle for pretentious idiots, almost all tesla are.

Tesla products are trash this is all my personal opinion, but they are harmful to the environment like every electric/hybrid that is factual. I don't get the appeal of getting a truck that looks like the offspring of a kia seoul, a chevy truck, and a 80s Ferrari.
In 2004 I was in Baghdad and were taken to work and back in armored GM SUVs and were told that the armor was good up to a 30-06 which is much more powerful then the calibers they tested the door with in the Tesla video with pistol calibers.

My 50 Beowulf would punch right through as well as a Marlin 444.

I just wonder what the operational range is if asked to do truck-like duties such as towing and hauling. That would be the unknown critical measurement.
Fortunately, it has been the articles on the trucks shortcomings that exposed EVs for what they are: Good people movers in Urban settings with predictable frequency and length in moderate climates, terrible on long trips, unanticipated driving, jobs or outings that require carrying heavy loads or pulling a trailer, and anything outside of metro areas!

Good point on repairs. Tesla or any ”approved” body shop will be keeping it for months and months trying to source parts.
I haven’t looked closely at the structure design, but I would guess if major body repair is measured in only months you are pretty fortunate.

No kidding.

I’m just waiting for the first “battery pack dead after 1000mi, quoted $35k for replacement”.
Tesla may have out kicked their coverage!

I'm in "wait and see mode". Certainly seems to have a leg up on its competition. Unicorn maintenance is always a concern. I'll give Elon the benefit of the doubt for now.

In 2004 I was in Baghdad and were taken to work and back in armored GM SUVs and were told that the armor was good up to a 30-06 which is much more powerful then the calibers they tested the door with in the Tesla video with pistol calibers.

My 50 Beowulf would punch right through as well as a Marlin 444.
I’m hoping most people are seeing through the “bulletproof” claims as a marketing ploy. The cyber truck isn’t going to be running a route Irish convoy scenario anytime soon…I hope. As you pointed out, any real long gun round WILL punch though no problem. The handgun calibers are lower energy comparatively. I wonder what 5.7x28 would do? Anyways, I’m excited to see all the innovation that comes from Tesla. With that said, I’m NOT going to be buying one anytime soon. I saw somewhere that the tires are around $450/ea. if that’s accurate, this heavy behemoth will more than make up in lack of needing gas by needing tires similar to a Dakar rally truck.

Just a few videos to show how revolutionary it is:

Tesla Cybertruck Crash Test - BeamNG.Drive #shorts - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yEuwjU2EXRw

Driving Tesla Cybertruck: Everything You Need to Know! - https://youtu.be/XxOh12Uhg08?si=ay46k584ScFutp1l

And then there is this:

EV market leader Tesla has company-owned collision repair centers, as well as a network of privately owned body shops. Those additions helped half the cost of repairs on Teslas over the past decade as more shops became equipped to work on the vehicles, said Xander Walker, a former Tesla employee who worked on refurbishing leased vehicles and trade-ins.

Today, Tesla says the costs of operating a Model 3 sedan are similar to those of a Toyota Corolla over a five-year period, in part because of lower maintenance and repair costs.
——————————————————————————————
My comment: Cybertruck is Tesla drop mic moment vs. every other EV. And it looks like Cybertruck is its own brand because you can’t find much Tesla decals anywhere!

Fortunately, it has been the articles on the trucks shortcomings that exposed EVs for what they are: Good people movers in Urban settings with predictable frequency and length in moderate climates, terrible on long trips, unanticipated driving, jobs or outings that require carrying heavy loads or pulling a trailer, and anything outside of metro areas!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom