Builds "The Survivor" 09/1990 (MY 1991) HZJ77 Refurbishment and Renewal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you school us on the different retainer clips you are using on this HZJ77? I have all of them but unsure what makes them different.

IMG_5010.jpg

Their dimensions are different both in terms of how they fit into the trim pieces and how the male side fits into the body.

Some are also made to be removed and reinstalled multiple times versus clips that are not.

Their dimensionality is mainly different in terms of how they fit into the trim pieces.

I generally recommend following the parts catalog and the body manual for usage. Both spell out different clip usage.

Hope that helps, Matt.

Last edited:
Thanks Onur. It confuses me because I had one door panel with three different colors so I was like I will just order them all. Some do break upon panel removal no matter how careful you are. I chalked it up to 30+ year old plastic.

A thing of beauty... 😍

I love the adherence to TOYOTA genuine...

Ironically, the grunts, swears, and general pain-in-the-ass points of contention are lost in the detailed photos, making this thread to the uninitiated appear that a complete overhaul of a Land Cruiser is a piece of cake.

Which it IS, of COURSE! 🤥:angelic:

Nice work ONUR, keep up the great detailed threads so more of us will be driving around $100,000 LAND CRUISERS!! :cheers:

Working on doors is the worst. Lots of sharp metal, small working spaces, and an exactitude necessary since everything needs to fit just right. Very little room for error.

Thanks Onur. It confuses me because I had one door panel with three different colors so I was like I will just order them all. Some do break upon panel removal no matter how careful you are. I chalked it up to 30+ year old plastic.

Correct. Door panels are even more different because they require clips that have both the male and female in one part number…

These for example:

image.jpg

So these are made for much more plasticity in their installation and removal.

The ones you posted, Matt, are more for interior panels in the rear of the truck. Scuff plates, etc. a few are used on door panels.

@Onur if you wouldn't mind taking a pic of the injection line routing when you get to that point? I just installed the pump you sold me (i got it rebuilt) and could use a good visual reference again.

Sorry for the late reply. Here you go:

C537ED92-F05C-4DC8-93A6-363E8D2277BC.jpeg

This is an important diagram for understanding routing:

1A204155-5B7C-4EC4-8415-CDB13602EDA2.jpeg

Follow the numbering here.

Headache tip: install #6 before #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom