Builds The start of a never ending build, new 80 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So real quick. Why do you get so much flex out of the front? I'm sure you've covered it in this thread. Have you done anything special?

Awesome Moab trip Pounder. Nice to meet you. Your 80 is bad ass.

Thank you sir! Very nice to meet you as well! Hope to see you sooner than next Moab trip! Trying to make a Cali trip to see the rubicon and maybe some other trails while I'm there so maybe you could show me around!

So real quick. Why do you get so much flex out of the front? I'm sure you've covered it in this thread. Have you done anything special?

I believe a combination of things, first and most importantly lowering the frame mounts on the radius arms to get the geometry closer to factory/ flatter to the ground allowing more down travel with less bind, second being the slee high flex radius arm bushings allowing the arms to have extra twist with less binding, and lastly some 14in travel shocks to let it hang! Hope this helps.

@Apounder loving your stance and sticking 40s on the rig. I eventually want to get my 100 to the point where it will be low on 37s but you are pushing limit for low and slow! Keep up the good work, and hope to see you on the trails someday!

@Apounder loving your stance and sticking 40s on the rig. I eventually want to get my 100 to the point where it will be low on 37s but you are pushing limit for low and slow! Keep up the good work, and hope to see you on the trails someday!

Likewise man! Thank you! That 100 is amazing, exactly what I had planned for my LX until I changed routes! What area are you from?

So Moab happened...

IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG

YES on the tube doors! I built some for my 80 and will be building some for my 100 soon!

I'm in Houston, Texas but will be making my rounds across the US in the next few years. Ouray and Colorado are this year, Moab the next.

YES on the tube doors! I built some for my 80 and will be building some for my 100 soon!

I'm in Houston, Texas but will be making my rounds across the US in the next few years. Ouray and Colorado are this year, Moab the next.

Tube doors are a must! Makes the rig feel a lot less bulky and gives you such a better perspective of obstacles and spotters! Id be down for another Moab trip next year :D

Photo bomb...:p
I put on my longer shocks to see if I could drop the top of my tires out of the fenderwell like your rig does, I'm pretty close.

I still just don't know how you do it with 40"s...:hmm:
Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-57-54.png

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443182044.012731.jpg

Last edited:
Had a little bit of shock left but the coil is not pushing down any more because it's loose.

It has to be those 14" shocks you have... or water in those tires.

Last edited:
also @GW Nugget check your tie rod contact with your radius arms, @Apounder has the Chevy TRE's up front so he wont bind. What i found when i was adding some 20mm spacers up front the other weekend is my Tie rod hitting my radius arms prevented extra droop. albeit i am only running OME L-shocks but it still made pulling the coils a pain in the arse. if i hadn't already bought a set of OEM Rod ends to re-do my steering i would have gone with the same kit as Apounder because of this!

also @GW Nugget check your tie rod contact with your radius arms, @Apounder has the Chevy TRE's up front so he wont bind. What i found when i was adding some 20mm spacers up front the other weekend is my Tie rod hitting my radius arms prevented extra droop. albeit i am only running OME L-shocks but it still made pulling the coils a pain in the arse. if i hadn't already bought a set of OEM Rod ends to re-do my steering i would have gone with the same kit as Apounder because of this!
I don't want to go in great depth on the tie rod topic due to the fact that it's Apounder thread but I have removed metal in that tie rod contact area. At this time the tie rod has clearance while twisted up. I've also been working on narrowing the control arms in the bushings area to prevent control arm bind on axle brackets...

I don't want to go in great depth on the tie rod topic due to the fact that it's Apounder thread but I have removed metal in that tie rod contact area. At this time the tie rod has clearance while twisted up. I've also been working on narrowing the control arms in the bushings area to prevent control arm bind on axle brackets...

damn you are on the slow train to a 3-link..... #JustLinkit

sorry Apounder for mucking up your thread!

om nom nom nom

you make me jealous hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom