Builds The start of a never ending build, new 80 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Updates? I know you have been working on better shocks.

Sorry for the delay! Yes yes yes! New rear shocks are finally here and mounted, custom length king 2.5 resi's with a 12in stroke, now waiting on the 2.5 resi king coilovers for the front with a 14in stroke! Person holding the shocks is a buddy who is 6'3 to give size reference
IMG_0814.JPG

get a piece of fire hose and cover up those shafts....they will get dinged up. $$$ to get the shafts replaced

NICE, King Eh?
I see the rear coil there is released.
Do you have it mounted on top?

Last edited:
NICE, King Eh?
I see the rear coil there is released.
Do you have it mount on top?

Just stuck on the rubber ring, going to throw some slinky coils in the rear once I remember to call them up and order a set for the rear. What length slinkies would be the same ride height as the J's I have? like the 3in slinky?

just remember to see if the lower and the upper control arms don't bind in the factory mounting brackets!

also, the rear sway bars need attention to as well..the factory bracket up on the frame does not like to be flexed...so beef it up or get some land tank ones.

Just stuck on the rubber ring, going to throw some slinky coils in the rear once I remember to call them up and order a set for the rear. What length slinkies would be the same ride height as the J's I have? like the 3in slinky?
75mm 7501 is intermediate. Rate is 160/270
After reading several threads, the general consensus is equal in ride height of an OME 863 non J coil but approx 3" taller in free height.

Last edited:
hiems & tube... does that mean bye bye front control arms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom