The official 1HDT Intercooler thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that all you have to do for the extra horsepower? Or do you have to tweek the dieselpump as well? And how do you do that?

work of art .. just I don't think they will sell the sole manifold adapter ..

I spoke to them a few months ago and they were happy to sell just theanifold adaptor. They wanted a lot of money for it though, I can't remember how much, but I got sticker shock. It was a couple of hunded or more from memory. YMMV

Cheers
Muz

agree, that adapter is a work of art.
couple hundred is cheap for that amount of custom work...

the only issue that I can see with this one it's the space that you have on top of the engine to run any top mounted intercooler .. with this adapter and silicon hose as joint there is no much room up there .. still great option ..

Wayne did you have chance to measure it ?

Ase wanted close to 300 aud if I remembered correctly
You'll pay close to that for a turbo adaptor for your manifold
Same with a 3.5 inch dump pipe from beaudesert

Mate it was 2006 when I did that... I bought a pillar mount of eBay (generic one) and the gauges are all Autometer "Lite".

I am doing a new set of gauges for my 100 series using the 3 in 1 (2 of) gauges of eBay - pressure to 60psi (for EMP and IMP), EGT (pre and post turbo) and Air temp (PPre and post IC). Hopefulyl next few days up and running. Also finally fitted a wideband so I can test my turbos with more data on my own vehicle - I'm doing 10,000km trip towing a 4t caravan starting at end of next week.... should get some good data. Also have fully programmable fuel and timing and boost so will be a fun trip (hile my wife drives I can be on laptop woohoo!

Hey gbentink, where did you get your pillar mount for your guages? I like that :clap:

8800 lbs behind a 100 diesel for 10,000 km?? is this mostly flat ground or mountainous?
sheeet, that is a task and a half

boosting 25lbs on a 1hd-ft with a big exhaust.
I am sure it could move quite well....

not questioning that it can be done but it will be interesting to see the temps and if it is mountainous then the resulting strain on the 373 tranny. i "think" it is an auto.

crushers said:
not questioning that it can be done but it will be interesting to see the temps and if it is mountainous then the resulting strain on the 373 tranny. i "think" it is an auto.

I am curious to see as well
I think he has an extreme vb in it too

this pretty common here in australia 100 series towing big caravans.
do a google search on "grey nomads" and most of them wouldn't have as many mods as graeme.

Back on topic.

Crusher's 1PZ home built intercooler install.
attachment-2.jpg
attachment-3.jpg
attachment-4.jpg

Yeah the bastard stole my idea. :) I'm going to rig up a steel version to mount my big air/water unit. It's too big to work with the Denco cast aluminum elbow I have without hitting the raised portion of the valve cover (the back half).

I don't see anything wrong with using steel for that part. ?

Adam B said:
Yeah the bastard stole my idea. :) I'm going to rig up a steel version to mount my big air/water unit. It's too big to work with the Denco cast aluminum elbow I have without hitting the raised portion of the valve cover (the back half).

I don't see anything wrong with using steel for that part. ?

Adam why don't you order just the intercooler from Northside 4x4

Steel and aluminum would be mating. Something would have to be put in between

Adam B said:
Too small..... :D

I'll just cut a chunk of gasket material to go between the steel+aluminum. Although with the oil that still finds its way through the intake I doubt that galvanic dissimilarity will be a concern.

Bigger huh.
You must be planning to mod the whole intake manifold.
You need to run a way bigger catch can instead of that teaspoon can. Run something like stainless scrubbers inside to condensate the pcv fines
Have you checked the baffles under your valve cover? You can close them up slightly to reduce blow by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom