Builds The honey badger build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had to put a new Alt in my Fj today to get it ready for Moab. It looks so little next to her big sister. Lol

71924888-0464-40CE-BB36-6A3A2121FC76.jpeg

And like everything else on this thing 🤯. The old PS pump pulley. Has a nut and Woodruff key 😞. The new PSC pump takes a normal press fit pulley. So I ordered that today .

598C624E-6838-4452-B5AD-E3F76249500F.jpeg

So far only 1 snag. I need to move my upper link mount back 1 inch and then the pan hard will fit in nice and flat

17F7DFAD-E715-427D-86EA-3BB261F97D05.jpeg

C7352B96-BE56-4710-BD5C-E8921941F5CF.jpeg

4056D254-7950-461C-992D-2101B5F14AF8.jpeg

31659D3A-B8D3-4A39-B46F-B8D055725155.jpeg

E972B73F-5833-4684-9611-8B419D919813.jpeg

Powder coated the bumper and basket

E4649654-1B0D-4ECA-B18B-95A9B8E2DF14.jpeg

05F56B7D-1041-4B59-9B65-118FE4F222F2.jpeg

So now that i have everything in place there are a few things i want to change . 1 the upper axle end link mount . I will make one that looks better ;). 2 my lower link axle mounts I think i am just going to get the same TMR mounts like i have on the rear just so it matches and i think they look cleaner . . #3 This one has me thinking . With the shock tower as is i have 3 inches of shock shaft left . I want 4-5 . I have a few options here A )raise the tower and weld in filler pieces . B) Make a hoop or C) try a taller tower . I have one i will look at today . Or. i could just raise the ride height a 1-1 1/2 hmm. If i did that i would have to re work my rear shock upper mount and bring it forward some . Hmm. this might not be that bad of a idea . Right now my Frame is at 23 inches and my WB is 98 inches. overall width is 85 inches to out side of my tire with the ifs hubs. . i am ordering the Aluminum links. And Strongly considering going full Hydro . I can get a PSC ram and Eaton orbital for 300 more that what a new Steering box is going to cost . Remember this is just a Crawler. and at most it would drive to the gas station from a trail . The one thing that kinda stings a little is i do not think i can get the triple bypass shock to fit . If i am being honest they are more for cosmetics at this point .

Once this build is lets say useable since they are never done . I plan on something new . I want a full tube chassis with a new FJ45 body . The 40 is just not the best to build off of , but its been fun and i have learned alot

Another Late night . After i had everything tacked up ,Then the real fun starts Make sure everything will work :rolleyes: . I was fighting the coilover placement as i wanted more shock shaft showing at ride height . So i swapped out shock towers . Nope same issue.:bang:. I then welded 2 inch plates to extend them . Still not great HMM . I then started looking at how to mount the ram :hmm:. i cycled the tires lock to lock and Houston we have a problem :doh:.My tie rod hits the track bar mounts when the wheels get close to full lock :confused: . So The wheels have to turn. that makes it clear i need to move the track bar back . Track bar moved Check. Wheels turn. Check . Track bar hits the upper link mount. Check :slap:. I can fix that as it just kisses it . . I also remembered i had some shock mounts that mount to the side of the axle. :oops:. This. would give me what i was looking for. . i can move the tower back about a inch also. to keep things in line. . I also think i will keep my saginaw box for this summer just because. its going to take a bit of time to get the full hydro set up. and i just do not have that right now . It will work great as is so . If i can get this thing back on her feet In the next week i will fell very confident . I need it driveable before May that way i have a month to finish up all the crap that takes forever to do like hook up my lockers and lights and stuff . I feel pretty good though The last 3 nights i really got alot done .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom