The Great ONSC Gun Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No s*** there I was, pre-covid: Golden Waffle in Asheboro: cowboy hat with a open-carried revolver, stainless, like a 44 Mag w/ long barrel. Hammer was back at the table, assuming on safe.

Looked like one of @coinoperated40 's pistols.

It kinda got me nervous, TBH, cause I'm like "I don't trust myself with that, so WTF am I gonna trust this guy?"

I was working out scenarios to defend family vs this possible shooter all breakfast. MF'n Dodge City up in here.

You hit it on the head Jamie, Dodge City. I am Leary of open carry when I see it, it just puts me in a defensive mode and I conceal carry. I'd guess that it makes lots of folks uncomfortable. My sister would have a cow if someone open carrying even stood near her.

Hammer back on a revolver. Is there even a safety for that other than finger off the trigger? If so, there’s another gun I need.

@weejub That’s when you call the cops and report someone “going armed to the terror of the public”. Let them ‘inform’ him that his lack of basic knowledge is a problem for the public.
I doubt it. It’s more likely that the police would inform the caller that the person who is open carrying isn’t doing anything illegal.

When my son received his appointment to West Point I took him to our favorite gun store and bought him a Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM II. As we drove home, I received a call. I answered it through the car hookup. It was a police dispatcher. She told us that a woman had called and reported that she’d seen someone driving down the road with an AK-47. The dispatcher told us that she’d asked an officer if we were doing anything illegal. The officer told her that what we were doing was perfectly legal. She let the caller know, but she did ask if we minded holding it so that it wasn’t visible.

It’s such a sad world. When I was his age, I drove around with guns on racks in my truck and took them to school where teachers would come out and check them out and we’d talk about where I would be hunting that evening after school.

I doubt that the woman who called about him holding the gun knew the name of any gun other than an AK-47 - the evil gun back at that time.

@DrDuc Yeah, but that's Texas. Certain parts of NC get more freaked out than others if a call like that were to come in. After a relative was detained for open carry in a rather ritzy part of Dem-ruled Charlotte a few years ago, I was told by the DA that open carry is only considered legal until someone complains, then they have to decide to either leave the area or be arrested. My relative had a CCW at the time but chose to open carry in a shoulder holster "to make sure everybody knows not to carjack me" as he walked from his car and ran his errands. Maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but still well within his rights in NC.

We are getting closer to a third world country everyday. Not to be political and get the black hand. It’s not thanks to either party, it’s thanks to BOTH.

@DrDuc Yeah, but that's Texas. Certain parts of NC get more freaked out than others if a call like that were to come in. After a relative was detained for open carry in a rather ritzy part of Dem-ruled Charlotte a few years ago, I was told by the DA that open carry is only considered legal until someone complains, then they have to decide to either leave the area or be arrested. My relative had a CCW at the time but chose to open carry in a shoulder holster "to make sure everybody knows not to carjack me" as he walked from his car and ran his errands. Maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but still well within his rights in NC.
Nope. We were in Oregon at the time, in an extremely blue portion of the state, radically different from what it was like when I was growing up there.

As for people being uncomfortable with someone open carrying and asking that person to leave, an owner of private property could do the same if they ask a CCW carrier to leave after becoming aware that they are carrying, but not if the people carrying are in public areas where it is legal to carry.

Last edited:
Identify...

20240106_235114.jpg

1903A4

… after becoming aware that they are carrying, but not if the people carrying are in public areas where it is legal to carry.
*friend: hey…that signs says no concealed carry…

IMG_3578.jpeg

Barrel match the receiver, Dan? Barrel date?

Magazine feed looks a little "new'ish" as well and small - not like a 300 caliber round?

That identifies as somethin that will leave a nasty bloody curved line above someone's Eyeball when they get too close to it. LOL
Might be a rubber eye piece shade cover?

On the open carry: I'd love to have some kind of LBE-like chest thing that I could take hunting, to the range (Waffle House, LOL kidding), etc. Put a holster in a comfy spot, have easy access to stuff. Everything I have seen is so expensive and don't want crap flapping around like a LBE or whatever. Still would want a place in the back to carry birds.

Basically, I need a Llama to follow me around wherever I go and hold a lot of crap - packs, couple rifle scabbards, maybe a ARB fridge . . you know, why not dream here.

Oh wait . .that is why we have trucks - got it ty.

Barrel match the receiver, Dan? Barrel date?
Genuine article.
Currently fitted with a Lyman Alaskan. Also present is the correct genuine Weaver M73B1 scope. The M73 is too delicate to actually shoot it so the Alaskan stays mounted.

Shoot them or buy furniture ;)
20240107_005932.jpg
20240106_235052.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom