The Florida Forty... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have always felt your not quite a true cruiser head until you have owned a Fj40. While a Land Cruiser was my first vehicle and have owned one ever since I always felt like I have been missing out. I am currently doing a nut and bolt resto mod on a 1974 Fj55 which is a slow and sometimes painful process. Realistically I have another year or two of work to do on the Fj55.

Life is just too damn short to not be driving a Land Cruiser, enters a 1975 FJ40. It's an original, rusty, one owner from Florida. It has been parked for 22 years. So when I was 8 this thing was parked.... Good gravy that was a long time ago.

Thus far I've stumbled through the spark issues, poured fuel in it and out of it right onto the ground (damn rust). Plans are to get it running, keep it stock, have fun. This won't be an insane build just one for fun...

~Al :beer:

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1438.jpg

Last edited:
Next up was a call to Beno! Thanks again Dude! And a dig through my pile of parts to find some goodies for the 40. You know whats better than repairing rust on the floor? Putting a Toyota Floor Mat down. Ha... Told ya this was for fun :)

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1452.jpg

The picture in front of the cruiser is great !!!! There is something about the Patina of a Land Cruiser that enhances a photo. Good luck with your journey and I am sure you will enjoy the ride.

Yes the patina is cool. One of the first things my wife asked was "What colour are you going to paint it?". I told her I'm not: it is perfect the way it is. She just stood there looking confused, while wearing her jeans with the pre-ripped holes in them. Hmmmmm....

Long live the '75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom